Counting My Chickens

Suddenly, I'm popular. I just got a phone call from a job wanting to interview me, and I have another interview next Wednesday. I also interviewed for a job about two weeks ago; when I emailed them yesterday they said they were still interviewing a few more people and would let me know.

Job #1 is a word processing job at an accounting firm. The interview went well and it seems like a nice place to work. The pay is really good too. However, I don't have the specialized skills in Word that they want, and although I could learn, if they find someone with more experience they'll probably hire that person instead. It's also not my ideal career path, but I think I would enjoy it.

Job #2 is my interview next week. It's a position in the registrar's office at one of the private universities here in Seattle. I would be counseling students and faculty on graduation requirements and such. The pluses are that it would be a good career path and I think that I would enjoy it. But it's here in the city and the pay is not quite high enough to make it really worth it. If they offered it to me, I probably would take it and live a little further outside of town.

Job #3 is my interview on Friday. It's an entry-level position at the library of a college on the Eastside. It would also be a fun experience and a good start on a potentially worthwhile career. However, the pay is pretty low since it's a "starter position". But I could work there for a while to gain more library experience and then transfer somewhere else with better pay.

I think I'm pretty qualified for any of these positions so I just hope interviews go well. The hardest thing will be having to pick if I get offered more than one. More realistically, I'm worried about getting an offer from one before I hear from the others. I don't know how to handle this job search thing very well.

Comments

Lindsay said…
We're in the middle of our own job-searching process. Such a rollercoaster. Good luck with the interviews and with snatching those offers!
I think you should take all three (because of course all three will be offered to you). A full-time job only takes up eight hours a day, and there are twenty-four to use, so fitting three in shouldn't be a problem. You could even get another full-time job on the weekends!
Desmama said…
I certainly wouldn't be surprised if you were offered all of them. I think you'd be great!
The Weed said…
Awesome! 'Bout time somebody recognized what they had in front of them.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals