This is becoming a bad habit

I'm afraid that my blog is rapidly devolving into irregular updates that focus on my apologies for not regularly blogging. I've been in a funk for the last few months that I can't seem to shake. One of the hardest things about my job is that, while it works in well with my family life, it leaves me with little real free time. And I've been spending too much of my free time doing unfocused things that are just a way to avoid my work. I need to do a better job at just living my life and doing what needs to be done.

I have a lot of good posts in my head and I just have not been taking the time to write that down. Maybe that will be one of my goals next month. I have an idea that it might help me with a lot of things in my life. I'm also trying to decide whether I want to keep teaching next year or not. For this whole year I've had mixed feelings about my job, but I've also invested a lot of time and energy into it and that often means that the second year will go better than the first. I also can't decide if I want to teach Spanish again or not either; the teaching schedule is more intense, but the grading is easier. I guess I have a few months to figure things out. Hopefully any readers I still have will be able to hold on for the next little while until I get back on track.

Comments

Kristi said…
Life gets busy - I think we all understand. That's when Facebook becomes more appealing than blogging, because it's so much faster, and you're forced to keep it short. Too bad it feels like a shallower way to keep track of thoughts.
It seems as though many personal bloggers took a break in January. I didn't have it in me. I'm feeling a bit burned out and just have a whole lot of other things that I need to do instead.
cool_guy said…
Most things in life have a time and place that works...

Maybe this particular time and place are not right for the level of blogging you would like to produce??

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals