Top 5 reasons why I had trouble doing my homework today

1. I finally decided to go to the bookstore and get the version of Don Quijote that we are using for my class because it is a great bargain, much smaller than the one we already have, and has footnotes. But, all the copies there were completely gone so I had to wait until I got home tonight to do my reading.

2. Then, after trekking all the way down to the Key Office to get the key to my office, I got back to the JKB and found that it did not work. How can I effectively do homework anywhere else?

3. I decided to try doing my reading while sitting in the basement of the JFSB, but was distracted by a very annoying conversation near me:

Freshmeat girl: "So, like, are you an RM?"

RM: "Yeah, I went to Brazil. I speak Portuguese."

Freshmeat: "Wow, that is, like, so cool. I totally want to go on a mission because I think it would be so cool and stuff. I'm praying for my dad to be, um, you know,

RM: "A mission president?"

Freshmeat: "Yeah, so I can go early and stuff. I can't wait to go on a mission"

They talked for about 10 more minutes about dumb, flirty stuff and exchanged phone numbers. Then he said "I guess I should go back to class, since I just came out for a drink of water."

I bet they'll get married over Christmas break.

4. When I got home I really had to make chocolate chip cookies and watch Jeopardy! with S-Boogie.

5. I know too many people with blogs and it takes me way to long to check all of them out every night. I can't start my homework until I've checked up on everybody and commented on their lives.

Comments

Th. said…
.

Boy. I hear you.

(ps, I notice you've added verification. Have you been getting spammed, or is this a preemptive attack?)
svoid said…
#5 is killing me too. I'm finding it difficult to find motivation to get back to work after being on vacation for so long. It's amazing how much time you can piss away surfing blogs. I've found myself reading blogs of people that I don't even know personally. They are people that know someone that know someone that I know. I guess mostly I'm reading blogs linked from your and Master Fob's blog. Your friends are so much more interesting and entertaining than mine are :)
Tolkien Boy said…
I think I ate half the pan of cookies. I'm enormously gratified. And my mother, who thinks I never eat, is overjoyed.

And the warm memories of making cookies with Sophie will outlast any bad grades you recieve. Just barely, but they will.
FoxyJ said…
I'm discovering that my personal blogosphere is rapidly expanding as I find friends of friends of friends. Sigh. Oh, and I did add word verification as a preemptive attack (Master Fob got spammed this morning, so I'm staying ahead of the game). Apparently it doesn't keep people from posting, so I think I'll keep it.
Th. said…
.

I've been thinking about it too. And since you're still getting posts, well, that was my big worry as well.

But I should say that in order to post this, I'm going to have to type something vaguely offensive.

And Dan---

You're too kind.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals