"What have we done to make God angry?"

I'm beginning to think that the ancient belief in the wheel of Fortune was correct after all, and for some reason we keep ending up on the bottom lately. I really don't think that God micromanages our lives and is sending us all these "trials" (and I don't think that they are necessarily all really trials). I generally hate to use the word "trial" because I think it implies something really large and monumental that might never go away. Personally I think too many people use it too lightly these days. For some reason life seems to think that we should never have any money at all and the minute we get any it must be taken away to pay for stupid things like a new battery for the car or putting our child in the hospital. Sigh.

Oh, and I went to Target and bought some sleeping pills today. I have been unable to fall asleep before 1 AM for nearly a week and now I'm getting desperate. Despite a lifetime of sleep problems this is the first time I have taken this step and I am a little nervous to do it. I hope I will be able to awake refreshed in the morning and not spend the entire day tomorrow in a stupor of thought.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals