Mission Accomplished

Well, sort of. This afternoon we had to get a prescription filled at the drugstore, so I took the opportunity to help S-Boogie pick out a present for Daddy. While we were there I found something fun that I think he'll like, and it's not a book or CD, so I'm proud of myself. And I contacted a lady from craigslist this morning about buying a set of doll toys she had listed. It's a stroller, high chair, and a baby doll that comes with some play food, play binkies, and a play toothbrush and toothpaste. She's been advertising the set for a while, but had it listed at fifty bucks, which seemed like a lot to me. She recently dropped the price a bit, so I decided to go for it. The stroller and high chair are from Little Tikes, so good quality plastic, and after doing some research I realized that the stroller alone was at least twenty dollars new. And it's going to be S-Boogie's main big present (and her only one from us), so I guess it's worth it. We got Little Dude a Jumperoo off craigslist a few weeks ago, so I'm going to count that as his present for this year. We'll let him crinkle the wrapping paper and that'll make his Christmas bright. Now all we have left to do this next week is make gingerbread houses, find a living nativity to visit (S-Boogie really wants to go see baby Jesus), and make treats to take to all our friends. Oh, and get a present for Svoid, since we have his name this year. And I kind of want to get my family a present. And we need to get the Christmas letter finished up and mailed. And...I guess I'm not really ready for Christmas after all. Oh well, we're a little bit closer than we were before.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I love Craigslist! I just got Lego a whole bunch of fun, colorful, chompable toys for $10 by checking Craigslist. I sanitized them and wrapped them up, and voila! Christmas!

I hope Little Dude loves his jumperoo as much as Lego loves his. That thing has been wonderful, for him and us.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals