If I had a million dollars

I didn't post about it right away, but about two weeks ago I tried out for Jeopardy! Again. This is the third time, and I hope that it does the trick. I've already blogged about my other two tryouts (here and here) and this was pretty much the same. I'm not supposed to talk about it so I don't give anyone else a leg up. The bottom line is that I'm back in their contestant pool for next season and so for the next year I get to hope for a phone call inviting me to LA for a taping.

One of the things they ask everyone in the interview part of the tryout is what you would do with the money if you won big on the show. Of course the chances of my getting on the show are slim enough that I have tried not to even think about the possibility of winning. On the other hand, I'd love to have some extra money and I'm only human so of course I've thought about what I would do. I would be responsible and pay off my one student loan and pay off our car, since they are fairly small and unnecessary debt. I have also always wanted to go on a cruise, or if I had enough money I'd go back to Spain. The thing I said at my tryout was that I would like to buy some art.

Our walls in our home are fairly bare and I admit to being fairly flummoxed with decorating. It terrifies me. I also don't want to go out and buy generic just to put things up; I like to display things that have some kind of meaning or value to me personally. I also like to support artists as well and I like the prestige of feeling like I own something original or unique. So if I had some extra money I'd buy some art for my walls. Right now we don't have much religious art at all because I don't like a lot of the stuff out there. I didn't think I like Kirk Richards' art very much either, until someone linked to his Gethsemane painting. I like that one, but I think I like this one even more. I have also had the opportunity to meet Leslie Graff a few times and think she's an amazing person as well as an amazing artist. She's already sold some of my favorite paintings, but there are a number of other ones I'd love to have. Those are two of the artists that I have in mind, but I'm sure I could find others if I looked around.

If you had some extra money just for fun, what would you spend it on?

Comments

Th. said…
.

We talk about buying art also. That's a good place to start.
Earth Sign Mama said…
I'd buy new feet.
smart mama said…
I feel honored! I so glad we've been able to meet.
Julie said…
Most of our walls are bare and we've been here almost 5 years. It's hard for me to commit. I just discovered the 2nd Richards' piece you linked to and really like it a lot. I'd also probably want to take a family vacation somewhere that I can only dream of doing now.
Jenny said…
I would by a house and pay off all our student debt. CRAZY! I know! I love Kirk Richards' art.
Nemesis said…
Ooh! I know this one! I would take GH to England. The traveling itch has been pretty much killing me lately.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear