Sick and Tired

According to my blog and Facebook, I have gotten sick during February or March for at least three years in a row now. I wonder what it is about this time of year that makes it easier to get sick? I've also been trying to remember if I got sick this often when I used to stay home with kids. I think I did, but it wasn't as noticeable because it didn't disrupt the routine as much. Getting sick two or three times a year is probably fairly reasonable. No matter how many times it happens, however, I feel stressed about because I have to miss work and other stuff. I also can't fight my suspicion that maybe I'd stay healthier if I took better care of myself. Maybe I should try working harder on that (after I get better).

Early last week, P.Bibby came down with a runny nose and cough. She spent Tuesday out of school with her dad, and then I stayed home with her on Wednesday. I started to get a sore throat on Thursday and I haven't felt good since. I've been dealing with a sore throat, moderately runny nose, chills, and a general sense of feeling like crap for the last six days now and I'm tired of it. Sunday I woke up with a fever, so I arranged for some friends to take the kids to church and stayed home all day. Yesterday morning I went to work for a few hours before leaving. Today the effort of getting dressed made me break out in sweaty chills, so I gave up and stayed home. Tomorrow I'm bound and determined to get to work because I'm tired of hanging around my house feeling blah. 

I'm also tired of feeling like I've lost my momentum. February mostly went really well. I kept up my yoga routine and participated in the wellness challenge at work, earning enough points to get a little extra cash added to my paycheck. I didn't do as well with getting to bed on time (maybe that's part of why I got sick), and instead of watching movies I spent too much time watching Grey's Anatomy on Netflix. Having just finished the third season, however, I've decided not to watch anymore. I like the medical stuff, but I strongly dislike most of the characters and kept thinking "why am I watching this?". I just don't get why the people on that show act the way they do and it irritates me. Plus it makes me want to move back to Seattle. 

I'm crossing my fingers that I can have a more exciting post in a few days when my brain and body have recovered a bit. I haven't done yoga for more than a week and I miss it, along with my other routines as well as my sense of optimism. Right now I'm off to bed with the hope that I'll wake up feeling better. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals