Hungry

OK, I'll admit it: I really, really, really want to have another baby. I think I might be crazy, since I already know what it's like to experience your body growing to unnatural proportions, then spending the next 11 months chronically sleep deprived and being unable to go anywhere for very long because you have a small creature that needs to suck on your boobs every 2 or 3 hours. But, little babies are so sweet and beautiful, and there's some weird primal need that screams "get pregnant, now" somewhere inside me. Maybe it's due to the fact that S-Boogie is no longer a baby. Don't worry, we love her and she's totally adorable in her own way, but she doesn't make those cute baby noises or spend hours cuddled sweetly in our arms anymore. It seems like I keep running into people who have kids younger than S-Boogie and are already pregnant again. I think my worst nightmare is having kids super close in age, but I just realized that she's almost 2 and it takes nine months to make a baby, so that fear is no longer possible. Sigh. I sometimes have a hard time separating the Spirit from my hormones, but I'm thinking that this might be coming from both of them.

Comments

Cicada said…
Sometimes I get baby hungry and I'm not even married! I like to remind my parents (who are grandbaby hungry) that I can produce offspring if that's all they want.

My mom had five kids in seven years. I'm not sure how she did it (one day when she was pregnant, she went outside without shoes to go and get the mail and the neighbor saw her and said, "Geez. I had no idea you Mormons took this barefoot and pregnant thing so seriously"). But the consequence is that my brothers are all my best friends. We're so close in age and so we grew up close. I'm not saying this to tell you that you must have children one after the other. I'm just saying that it actually worked out pretty well in my family.
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, my mom had 5 kids in 8 years; I realized the other day that she never had a kid turn 2 without being pregnant with the next one (or even having the next one already!). That's funny, she even has a story of a friend who saw her in a store one time and exclamed "Hey, you do have shoes on!" In theory I like the idea of having them all close together, but the two year mark snuck up on us fast. Plus, with school I've been hesitant about having another one soon and wanted to put it off until after I graduated. I think I'll be producing another child before I get my thesis written, and that's OK.
Tolkien Boy said…
Even *I* get baby hungry. Mmm...baby fingers...

Sigh. Hating babies makes life so much easier...
Anonymous said…
Yes, go for it.

--Master Fob
FoxyJ said…
Well, I guess since Master Fob is on board, I should go ahead and do it :)
Cicada said…
Ew... I hope by "it," you don't mean... because I'm still getting over nightmares I had about the lunch ladies when I was in the third grade...
FoxyJ said…
Sorry, I will refrain from any more mentions of "doing it" or anything like that on my blog. I'm not sure what that has to do with the lunch ladies though...

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals