Message from India

I usually try to be polite to phone salespeople, I really do. I worked in a call center for a while and know that is a supremely crappy job. But I just hung up on a lady because I was getting really, really frustrated by trying to understand her English. It was one of those things where your credit card company calls and tries to sell you extra things that you don't need. The connection was bad and she kept reading me these really long descriptions of what it does, what the terms are and everything else. Plus, no matter how closely I listened, I could barely understand what she was saying. I knew she was speaking English, but I just couldn't quite get it because the accent was so foreign. I finally figured out that she must be calling from India, hence the bad connection, and so I felt bad for not getting it, but she was unintelligible! I finally hung up because I realized that she was saying something along the lines of "So I am going to charge your card now" so I firmly said "no thanks" about 4 times and hung up. Sigh, I hope that "no thanks" means the same thing there that it does here.

Comments

Tolkien Boy said…
LOL. You should have tried to give her a free Book of Mormon. That's what I always do. I have the toll-free number, if you want it.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals