Why S-Boogie stayed up until 10 pm watching a Law & Order episode about a dead baby

I think that tonight I hit the wall. I just couldn't do it any more; I put her bed as usual around 8 but then she woke up crying about 9, so we came and sat on the couch for an hour. I just couldn't summon up the energy to go and do what it takes to get her back into bed. And all that involves is rocking in a chair with her in the dark, but it didn't happen. Sad. The really sad thing is, she's not tired tonight because she slept for most of the day because I couldn't deal with her being sick. Mommy can't deal with life=extra nap time for S-Boogie. I really need to get myself together...

Comments

Tolkien Boy said…
Eh, you're great. Everyone gets cranky when the baby is sick.

For example (an example taken from my own life), you could have a sick baby sharing a room with four other of your children, and the baby could spend all night barfing, and the other kids could not get any sleep either.

It's not pretty.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals