Waiting...

Lately I feel like I'm waiting for everything. Waiting for this stupid heat wave to end. Waiting for my baby to learn how to sleep without someone holding him, or how to sleep more than two hours at a time, or how to be awake without screaming. Waiting for S-Boogie to be a little less stubborn and a little more comprehensible. Waiting for my stomach to go away so I have clothes that fit. Waiting for Master Fob to get a better job so I can buy new clothes. Waiting to find out what we're going to be doing this fall, where we will be living and where Master Fob will be working. All this waiting is stressing me out!

At least one thing we're waiting for is actually getting closer to happening. We're going down to my parents' house in Las Vegas on Thursday. My youngest brother, P, is coming home from Russia on Wednesday and we're all getting together to celebrate (I bet he's going to be pretty weirded out since Vegas is pretty much the complete opposite of Russia). Master Fob is coming back up here next Monday, but I'm staying down there for at least another week. Even if it's hotter than Hades, it will be a nice break for all of us. Plus they have a pool and air conditioning. Even more importantly, according to S-Boogie, they have a kitty cat. I'm just looking forward to having other people to hold and soothe the child. Speaking of which, he's actually sleeping peacefully in his little bed, which means that I need to get into mine. Maybe tonight will be the restful night I've been waiting for...

Comments

Earth Sign Mama said…
And Kitty Cat is anxiously awaiting her arrival--emphasis on the anxious--(HA HA--have you ever seen an ANXIOUS cat?? NOT)
The pool is waiting, so is the sandbox, and so are the arms of gramma and gappa to hold and bounce and soothe the LD.
Cricket said…
yeah! Have fun I hope it takes your mind off some of the waiting!
Cicada said…
I totally understand the annoyance of waiting for stuff. I am waiting for a lot of stuff too right now. Waiting for anyone to respond to my job applications... waiting to see what I'll be doing and where I'll be after I graduate in a month and a half. It's so stressful! Best of luck to you, and enjoy your break!
Jenny said…
Hurrah for grandparents and air conditioning! I hope it's cooled off by the time you get home. I can't believe how hot it's been in Utah.
Desmama said…
Don't you love the waiting game?! Glad you get to see family though, and soon. Kudos to you for getting sleep while he does; I need to log off and do that right now, actually . . .

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals