Happy Valentine's Day to Me?

This is another post about my health problems, so if you don't want to know, stop reading now.


I just got off the phone with the nice receptionist at the outpatient surgery clinic and I have an appointment to see a surgeon on Thursday. The good news is, there is one procedure that they may be able to do right then that will solve the problem without cutting. The bad news is, from what research I've done I don't think it's the right thing and that I probably still have to have surgery on my bum. I really don't want to have surgery on my bottom, but if it will clear up the problem, I guess I can deal with it. They don't have any openings for operations until at least February 13th or 14th, which means I have would to wait two weeks. I secretly hope that I'll get there on Thursday and he'll decide that I shouldn't wait that long and do something about it now. (Oh, we realized the other night that we still had a few days to add me to Master Fob's student insurance. Not the cheapest solution, but it works out best in the long run, especially since coverage started January 1). I went back in to Urgent Care on Sunday morning because I developed bleeding, and they told me to come back if that happened. After nearly three hours, they sent me home again with a referral for surgery and a prescription for super, mega-strength cortisone cream. The pain is actually nearly gone, unless I touch it or I have to go to the bathroom. The thing that scares me is that I've been bleeding since Saturday and it hasn't stopped. It's not a lot, but it's definitely something not normal and very disturbing. I've been trying to take it easy, but that's pretty difficult with my life right now. I don't want to wait two more weeks while avoiding standing, lifting, and pooping. That's just impossible. So far 2007 is not doing a very good job of outdoing 2006 for stress and trauma.

Comments

Jenny said…
I hope your procedures are painless or come with drugs. I hope you feel better soon.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals