To Blog or Not to Blog

I haven't posted for most of this week, but not because I haven't had anything going on. Unfortunately, I've had a lot of things going--mostly rather personal health issues. I've been debating whether or not to blog about them. Then I remembered that I spent most of my pregnancy last year whining about being constipated and having hemorrhoids. It's been a while since those days, so I guess it's time for a little trip down memory lane. My parents are in town for a few days, so on Wednesday evening we decided to head down to a nearby wetlands area for a sunset nature walk. It was beautiful: we saw an eagle, Mt. Ranier in the sunset, a heron, and lots of Canada geese. As sometimes happens after a lengthy walk, my bottom was feeling sore when we got home. Only this time it got progressively worse. I won't even describe what's going on down there, but it's really not pretty. According to the internet I should have a doctor take a look at what's going on to make sure permanent damage is not occurring. The only flaw in that plan is that I don't currently have health insurance. According the bureaucrats at the state health department, my application is still not complete even after five weeks of waiting. This morning I decided that the pain was too intense and I went in to see urgent care at the hospital. After two-and-a-half hours of waiting, a very nice female resident came in, looked at my "bottom area" (as she kept calling it), and informed me that I really should consider surgery. Thankfully it's not bad enough right now that I need to pay for emergency butt surgery out of pocket. But it's getting to the point where I not only have to go to the butt doctor, but I'm going to have to have him take a knife to my bottom. I just hope my insurance comes through soon and that my current inflammation subsides a bit before then.

The moral of this story is to eat plenty of fiber, drink lots of water, and make sure you have good health insurance. Oh, and I think that pictures of fourth-degree prolapsed hemorrhoids would make good pregnancy prevention tools.

Comments

Sarah said…
I'm petrified of having my hemorrhoids reappear from my last pregnancy. So far, so good but it's something I worry about every day as my delivery comes closer. There really couldn't be anything more awful and then to have the whole stigma attached to just tops it off.

I can't believe you've had to wait five weeks already for health insurance to come through! What don't they get about PREGNANT LADY COMING THROUGH!

Posting isn't always pretty - but don't you feel a little better now that it's "out there?"
FoxyJ said…
I'm not currently pregnant (thank goodness!)--it's just unfortunate lingering side effects. If I were, then I probably could get insurance faster.

And I wish that hemorrhoids weren't so embarrassing. When I was pregnant, I didn't have much morning sickness, but I had horrible hemorrhoids and vaginal varicose veins. People would ask how I was feeling, and I never knew what to say "Fine, except for the constant shooting pain in my butt". Uh, yeah.
AmyJane said…
Ow, ow, ow, ow! I'm doing the jump around pain dance for you. I am so sorry that you're in pain. I'm having my own wierd little health moment that I keep feeling tempted to tell the internet but I think I will refrain until I know what's up with me. Good luck with your insurance people.
Desmama said…
It does sound so painful. I have nothing to complain about in light of what y'all have been through. I hope you get insurance through soon so you can get treated.
Lisa said…
I will pray for your "bottom" and for your insurance!
Lisa said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said…
Something to read:
http://www.drmcdougall.com/med_constipation.html

Make 'Meatless Monday', meatless every day. I am a vegan and am not really rabid about it, but I think a plant based diet would solve or prevent a lot of common physical problems.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals