100 Fascinating Facts about FoxyJ

1. I broke my left wrist twice while I was growing up.

2. I don't get grossed out by very many things, but other people's spit makes me want to gag. I can't be in the bathroom when someone else is brushing their teeth because I want to throw up.

3. I didn't like Oreos until I was in college.

4. I don't like strong cheeses, pesto sauce, or raw onion.

5. I also don't like sushi or most Japanese food because I can't stand the taste of nori (seaweed).

6. I have never skipped school.

7. I've never been to a BYU football game.

8. My parents didn't have a television until I was about eight years old.

9. I used to be a card-carrying member of
The American Cetacean Society .

10. I've never seen Newsies, Annie, or Anne of Green Gables.

11. I met Chuck Woolery when I was 12 and he gave me some fake money from Scrabble.

12. I have a widow's peak.

13. When I was in high school I grew out my bangs, but because of the widow's peak a small section right in front was shorter than the rest. For some reason I decided to shave it off. It looked really weird while it was growing back in and one of my friends called me "Spike".

14. I tried out for the drill team before my freshman year of high school, but the other girls were totally mean to me and I quit tryouts after a few days.

15. I ended up joining the Knowledge Bowl and Geography Bowl teams instead.

16. My junior year of high school I was on the Academic Decathalon team but quit because the competition was the same day as the tryouts for Teen Jeopardy! I didn't pass the tryouts.

17. I had to read Arrowsmith by Sinclair Lewis for Academic Decathalon and it's still one of my favorite books.

18. I tried to read Jesus the Christ when I was six, but I didn't get very far.

19. When I was a missionary I read Jesus the Christ in Spanish.

20. I took two years of Italian at BYU before my mission, but any time I try to speak it only Spanish comes out.


21. I love anything lemon, chocolate, or ginger flavored.

22. I think I have read the Book of Mormon about twenty times, but I'm not really sure. I do know I've read it a lot of times. I read it five times in Spanish while on my mission.

23. I love sour gummy candies.

24. When I was in the MTC my district and I got to fly to Los Angeles for the day to pick up our visas from the Spanish consulate. We also went on a driving tour of LA and stopped by the temple visitor's center and ate at In-N-Out.

25. I don't like to eat big breakfasts.

26. I love hot cereals like oatmeal or Cream of Wheat, but I have to let them cool to lukewarm before I eat them.

27. I can't go to sleep at night unless all the closets, drawers, and cupboards in the house are shut.

28. I have a bad habit of kicking dirt and dropped food under the stove or fridge instead of cleaning it up.

29. I hate ironing, washing the dishes, and cleaning the bathroom.

30. I like to do counted cross stitch.

31. I don't know how to knit or crochet.

32. I said the opening prayer at a BYU forum.

33. I wanted to be a marine biologist when I grew up.

34. I made plans to run away to Alaska when I was 12, but I didn't know what to do about my paper route so I didn't go.

35. I never wear any jewelry besides my wedding ring and watch.

36. I only own one purse.

37. Grover is my favorite Sesame Street character.

38. I rode a sheep bareback in the rodeo when I was six. I fell off and got run over by the other sheep.

39. I have gone swimming in both the Pacific Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean.

40. I wore shorts to school every single day of my freshman year of high school.

41. I've never dyed or highlighted my hair.

42. I use Nair on my upper lip.

43. I took ballet lessons at "Miss Bunny's School of Dance".

44. I cried when I saw An American Tail in the theater. I was 9 years old.

45. I failed intermediate level swimming lessons four times.

46. My teeth chatter violently when I get cold.

47. My favorite type of yogurt is plain, whole-milk with a bit of sugar or honey stirred in.

48. I have some blind spots in both my eyes caused by calcium deposits on the optic nerves.

49. I have been published in Irreantum.

50. I love pastries of any kind, especially cream cheese danish and chocolate-filled croissants.

51. I always pick the pecans out of the can of mixed nuts and eat them first.

52. I have owned the same pair of Birkenstocks since I was fifteen.

53. I currently don't own any high heels.

54. The only toothpaste I like is Arm & Hammer baking soda

55. I love lemon-scented cleaning products.

56. I like the smell of coffee and I love mocha flavored things, especially Jamocha Almond Fudge ice cream.

57. I worked at Taco Bell during high school and I still don't like the smell very much. I do like their food still, especially nachos.

58. I love to eat deep-fried foods.

59. Once, on my mission, my companion and I broke into the elders' apartment and put maxi pads in their beds.

60. They got back at us by breaking into our apartment and taking everything we owned (even furniture) and cramming it into our little enclosed balcony area.

61. I took a years supply of sanitary products with me on my mission.

62. I actually liked the food in the MTC and ate an ice cream bar every day with my lunch.

63. I generally don't like to play sports, but I can really get into a good game of basketball when I'm feeling stressed.

64. I love water skiing but I'm too scared to try downhill skiing.

65. I will only eat a banana if it has peanut butter on it or if it has been dipped in chocolate.

66. I waited in line for nearly four hours to get into a Vermeer exhibit at the National Gallery of Art.

67. When I was a kid I wrote a letter to Ronald Reagan inviting him to dinner at my house. The only reply I got was a nice book about the White House.

68. I got to go on a helicopter tour of Ventura County as a reward for winning the Geography Bowl.

69. I got a perfect score on the reading section of the ACT and a perfect score on the verbal section of the GRE. I failed the math parts of both tests miserably.

70. I always keep our budget perfectly balanced and I know where all our money goes each month.

71. I read the New York Times, the LA Times, and the Salt Lake Tribune online every day.

72. I used to have to read the obituaries for my job (when I worked for the Marriott School Alumni Office).

73. I still like to read the obituaries.

74. I weighed 10 pounds when I was born.

75. I was born at home in my family's living room.

76. According to the color code, my personality is pretty evenly split between white and blue.

77. According to Peircian triangles, I fall somewhere around blue, green, or purple.

78. I sucked my thumb until I was 9 years old.

79. I wore braces for three years.

80. I don't really like Ben and Jerry's that much, but I love Haagen Daz.


81. I had a collection of 63 My Little Ponies and I played with them until I was nearly 13.

82. I had pet rats for most of life until I went to college.

83. I would love to have a pet rat or a bird right now. Or a big friendly dog.

84. I love the smell of warm alfalfa fields.

85. I have been inside the Salt Lake, Manti, Saint George, Provo, Mt. Timpanogos, Bountiful, Washington D.C., Albuquerque, Laie (HI), San Diego, and Madrid temples.

86. I don't care about having hairy legs when I go to the pool or the beach.

87. I like wearing board shorts or wearing a suit with a skirt so I don't have to shave my bikini line.

88. I have been to
several real-life castles.

89. I've visited Francisco Franco's grave.

90. I have an old horseshoe that I found in a rut of the Oregon Trail.

91. I also have a moose antler that I found while on a trail ride in the Tetons.

92. I hate the taste of bubble gum.


93. I chew my finger nails.

94. I check my email obsessively throughout the day, but I'm really bad about writing back to people. Sorry!

95. When I was on my mission I had an invisible pet bullfrog named Mr. Sparky. When I would burp really loudly I'd blame the noise on him. Some of my companions didn't think that was as funny as I did.

96. I like to read books about true crime and forensic science and I love watching CSI and Law & Order.

97. I hate artificial plants. I'd rather spend the money on real flowers.

98. I always comment a lot during Relief Society and Sunday School lessons.

99. I hate fasting. It's one of those things that I really struggle with and don't have much of a testimony of yet.

100. It took me almost a week to write this post!

Comments

I already knew 85 of those fascinating facts. I get a B.

Things I didn't necessarily know but didn't surprise me, based on what I do know about you: 3, 9, 10, 18, 40, 45, 55, 63, 66, 68, and 97.

Things that shocked and/or amazed me: 17, 84, 90, and 91.

Things I think you're lying about: 86. If you truly didn't care, you wouldn't point out that you are doing so each and every time you do.
Jenny said…
Wow. I feel smarter after reading this somehow. Like maybe I also did all those cool cultural/educational things. I died laughing imagining a little girl getting trampled by poopy-footed sheep.

Have you ever tried to make pastries? I am still trying to decided if it's worth the effort to make them instead of buying them. It takes so long.
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
Were you totally creeped out by Franco's grave, because I totally was.

Also, you are even MORE fascinating than I thought!
Desmama said…
I agree with Miss Hass--you are very fascinating. Is Franco's grave the one with the giant cross? (Is that what it was?) I remember visiting some tomb-like place that was creepy, built into the side of a mountain.
Braden said…
Pity you guys didn't get to meet Shelby before you moved away.
Christian said…
I think 95 is hilarious. I would have laughed.
FoxyJ said…
Franco's grave is the tomb with a giant cross built on a hill. It's very creepy.

I've only tried to make my own pastries a few times. Now I just leave it to the professionals.

And I'm assuming by "cultural/educational" things you're referring to breaking into missionaries' apartments and "mutton busting"? :)
This was WAY better than the "three things" tag game. My favorite is that you invited Ronald Reagan to dinner and you got a book in return.
TK said…
I really like your post too. But since I read MF's first, when I got to yours, I was so tired out that I had to copy it and put it on my desktop. I'll read more tonight, but it will probably take me as long to read as it did you to write! But what a fun idea!
TK said…
Ah ha! I actually finished already! It was really interesting. Of course, I didn't already know very many of them. But I did find about 7 things that we have in common.

Thanks for sharing.
skyeJ said…
You have just inspired my next blog post...
Melyngoch said…
It's tragic that you don't like pesto, since I make really good pesto, and would make you some. Lemon, chocolate, and ginger, however, I completely agree with you about, as well as sour gummies. I also have a widow's peak. I don't care whether the closet doors are open when I go to sleep, but I lived for two years with someone who cared intensely, so I often go through the house and close them out of habit. I can handle washing the dishes, but I can't stand doing laundry. I'm very glad the other rodeo sheep did not injure you excessively, at least as far as I can tell. I actually knew #33, which makes me feel good about myself. Pecans in pastries are especially wonderful, I think. I would like you to come be in my Sunday School class so someone besides me would talk. And I am fasting right now, for Ash Wednesday, but I'm cheating and drinking diet Coke, because otherwise I couldn't see straight enough to teach.
Th. said…
.

I want to thank you and Master Fob for not tagging people with this....

Great list though--I'm currently reading my first Sinclair Lewis book (Babbitt) and I like it pretty well thus far.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear