Some days are not as good as others

This afternoon I was getting ready to go to the store and realized that our little shopping cart was no longer sitting on our porch where Master Fob had left it last week. I know that it's foolish to leave such a valuable and necessary item sitting out tempting people to take it, but I didn't think anyone would really do it. Well, someone out there really is that rude. Because I needed to get milk I ended up taking the shopping cart home from the store with me. I took it right back, but I still felt trashy doing that.

Then I started cooking dinner and realized that I had forgotten to buy brown rice, a key ingredient in tonight's "Middle Eastern lentils and rice" (it's actually quite tasty). S-Boogie was feeling restless, so she got her rain gear out and accompanied me to the store to get a bag of rice.

Once dinner was in the oven I started to make the salad. When I opened the fridge I couldn't find the bag of salad that I'd put in there last night. I was beginning to think I was truly going crazy until Master Fob opened the freezer and there it was. Brilliant.

And I can't even go drown my sorrows with ice cream because today is a "no treat day". I'm discovering that I really should have one week out of the month that is "mommy needs treats or she'll bite your head off" week. But that wouldn't be good for my diet now, would it?

Comments

TK said…
I laughed at the salad in the freezer - I've done things like that before!

And could you please email me your brown rice - lentil recipe. I made one recently and it was okay, but not that great - kind of blah. But I like lentils and rice, so I'd like to try again with a better recipe.
JB said…
Have you tried Weight Watchers? I could send you a formula for points (pretty easy, really). I haven't signed up for (or paid for) anything and I've lost about ten pounds in the last 7 weeks.

I like it because you get extra points each week, so if you really want a treat one day, you can have whatever you want, just not very often. . .

Then again, you don't really need a diet plan for that. If you are interested, just email me or have master fob send me a pm! ;)
skyeJ said…
Aaah!!! I totally know how you feel. I've become an obsessive list-maker here in Morocco, it's the only way I get anything cooked at my house. My ingredients are pretty far away most of the time. And, I keep finding my stuff in the kitchen somewhere. I don't remember putting it there. Like pants? My house isn't really that big.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals