Heavenly Messengers

This morning on the way to the library I had a sudden urge to be spontaneous. Instead of going home for lunch, the kids and I decided to swing by McDonald's and get some lunch to take to the park. I was going to write a post about how I decided to eat at McDonald's instead of the local place across the street. The local place has better tasting food, but they don't have a drive thru. They also don't have healthy kids meal options like apples and milk. So I sold my soul to corporate America all for the sake of saving money and avoiding feeding soda to my children. Like I said, while at the park eating I was writing a post in my head about how it's OK to not always be "perfect". Wiggle room in the budget (and the diet) for Happy Meals is not a bad thing.

Then it turned out that S-Boogie was too distracted by the playground to eat any of her lunch. I wrapped her cheeseburger and apples back up and put them in the bag. I left the bag on the picnic table and we went off to play on the playground. A few minutes later I turned around and saw a cloud of birds surrounding the table. An entire flock of ravens attacked the Happy Meal and ripped it to shreds. I don't know if they ate the cheeseburger, but I couldn't find it. Perhaps the ravens were sent to remind me of my foolishness in buying fast food for my child. Next time I'll stop at Whole Foods or the organic bakery on my way to the park.

Comments

Desmama said…
For some reason, the idea of these ravens from health-conscious Seattle diving into Happy Meals was funny to me. Perhaps they're kind of tired of all that mung bean and tofu type stuff. ;)
Kengo Biddles said…
maybe ^that's why^ they attacked the Happy Meal. :)
skyeJ said…
Would they not have attacked something more "wholesome"? Food is food, right?
Samantha said…
Feed the birds, tuppence a bag...

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :)
Earth Sign Mama said…
They probably would have attacked anything wrapped up in a fast-food bag--even a dirty diaper. Remember the birds who hauled off someone's retainer one day at the beach because it was wrapped in a napkin and laying on a beach towel? But if you would rather feed your children good wholesome food instead of fast food, then by all means. After all, you did well on it. That's a hilarious story anyway--the ravens craving some junk food!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals