5 gifts that would not make me cringe

This post goes along with the spirit of the last post, and was inspired by today's featured article on MSN that discussed "10 gifts that will make her cringe". The article mentioned things like wilted bouquets from the supermarket, stuffed animals, trashy lingerie and small appliances. I thought it was interesting. And so, in that vein, I offer 5 gift suggestions that would definitely not make me cringe.

(Disclaimer: this list is purely for wishful thinking purposes. I already know that Master Fob can probably not afford any of these things, unless he has a secret Swiss bank account that I don't know about. I'm actually looking forward to freshly barbecued cheeseburgers and a nice "foot" massage)

1. A few nights at Ko Olina resort
2. A pound of Godiva chocolate
3. Dinner for 2 at the Melting Pot
4. Tickets to the upcoming Michael Buble concert
5. A couples session at a day spa where we could get massages and facials

Comments

I do have a secret Swiss bank account, but I was planning on using the money to buy you several hundred wilted bouquets from the supermarket. Bad idea?
FoxyJ said…
It's only a bad idea if you don't include any mylar balloons or stuffed animals.
TK said…
I was going to comment, but I'm laughing too hard after reading your comments!
Unknown said…
I read about The Melting Pot in the paper once. I decided it sounded pretty tasty. The article neglected to mention the price. So I dragged my friends from Provo all the way to downtown Salt Lake one day (we were doing something or other downtown but I can no longer recall what), and we stopped by The Melting Pot and looked at their menu. After a bit of drooling, we determined to all come back in 20 years when we're rich enough to afford spending that much money on a single meal. Too bad though. Sounds like fabulous food.
Th. said…
.

I, in turn, have heard that the only reason people want to eat there is because it is so expensive--so it must be good, right?

I've never had a fondue meal though--I can't quite imagine it without gross films covering everything, so maybe that's why I only remember the bad stories....

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals