Commercial Break

Two posts in one day--my readers must be feeling very special. I just wanted to let you all know that if you haven't tried yoga yet, you really should. I've been trying it off and on over the last few years, and thanks to the lovely prenatal yoga video that I got (thanks TK, by the way), I've discovered how much it helps when you feel yucky. It really does. I also love my prenatal video because it has a segment on pregnancy massage, which I talked Master Fob into watching/practicing with me the other night. It was wonderful. I know what we're going to do for our weekly date for the next 17 weeks or so.

You don't have to be pregnant to enjoy yoga, though. I highly recommend
this DVD, which really doesn't cost that much money. It's a lot easier to learn from a DVD than a book, and this one has a nice bonus feature that is a quick 15 minute workout that practices many of the things explained in the longer segment of the video. Even if your roommates look at you a little funny, you really should try yoga. It helps me feel energized, and the added flexibility does make a difference in how you feel during the day.

OK, now we'll return to our regularly scheduled programming...

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now you've got me seriously considering ordering that prenatal yoga video. I have felt so blah lately, and I want to exercise and move, but there aren't many things I can do anymore (I'm 34 weeks). Thanks for the tip!
skyeJ said…
Another excellent option is a show on Oxygen network called "Inhale" with Steve Ross. It's on at 7am (MT) Monday-Friday and it's really fun. Cool music, too.
skyeJ said…
P.S. Just catching up on the blog while I was away... My two cents on the whole Medication Issue: As a nurse who has asked hundreds (or maybe thousands) of pregnant women in Utah County over the last two years, "Are you taking any medications?"---there are PLENTY of pregnant women who take antidepressants. Discuss it with your psychiatrist and your doctor. Drugs are an amazingly effective tool when coping with mental illness. ALL of us have suffered at some time or another with mental illness, but sometimes people aren't equipped with same coping skills as other people. Some of us have to develop those coping skills by asking someone else for help, like a counselor or a psychiatrist. For anyone to say that they have never suffered from any form of mental illness is like saying they've never had a cold. Brains are just like the rest of the body, they get sick when they're faced with things that break them down. There's no shame in taking cold medicine, is there?
Melyngoch said…
Hey, you might have just pushed me over the edge here. I've been considering yogifying myself for quite a while, and even fiddled around with Katya's yoga book while I was in Illinois, because everyone claims it will help me sleep.

So thanks. Way to push me over the edge.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals