I am the cheese

I am usually not into things that are very cheesy. I don't scrapbook (well, I'm still working on a baby book, but that doesn't count), my little girl has never worn ruffles or bows, I don't decorate my home with dried flowers or cutesy sayings, etc. I don't like cheese unless it's the kind you eat.

But, I love Valentine's Day. I really do. I know it's one of the cheesiest holidays ever, and I know that it's popular to be bitter and hate it, but I can't avoid liking it. I love how everything is red and pink and has little hearts on it. I like the rose petal shaped bath salts I saw in the bookstore the other day, and that adorable baby outfit that Target is selling that features tiny pants covered in hearts. Besides, this is the holiday that you can celebrate with mass amounts of candy and you don't even have to humiliate yourself by putting on a costume to get it. Not to mention the fact that you can write love notes for your friends and family, make pink sugar cookies, and have a good excuse to buy fresh flowers in the middle of winter. And so, I confess, that I am looking forward to next week's cheese fest. I wonder if I can find some heart shaped cheese somewhere...

Comments

Anonymous said…
You could get a heart-shaped cheese pizza from 5-buck Pizza..

Weed
ambrosia ananas said…
You could try the Coeur de Chevre ().

Or you could get a brick of cheese and a metal cookie cutter and go at it.

Valentine's is one of my favorite days, despite the fact that I've never been dating anyone on Valentine's. It's like there's a whole holiday just for me. And people celebrate it by making fudge-filled hearts and fudge-filled bears. How much better could it get?
AmyJane said…
I saw those heart covered pants at Target--think I could put em on Patrick and get away with it? :)
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, I almost got the heart pants before we had our ultrasound. I'm glad I decided to wait until we were more sure.
Anonymous said…
I'm with you 100%.
Desmama said…
I'm the same way. I'm not into froo-froo stuff at all, but Valentine's is a fun holiday. I think it has something to do with the chocolate and pink icing an' stuff. Plus, when I had my baby two years ago (February 2), it was obviously around Valentine's Day and I was burning a buttercream candle in the house. So smelling buttercream makes me happy and think of new babies and Valentine's Day. Just call me Pavlov's dog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals