Our house is a home

Last night we finally unpacked the very last box. Plus we got a free couch yesterday. It's kind of beat up and definitely looks like a free couch, but at least it doesn't smell like one now that I washed the cushion covers. It was the only one I could find on craigslist that would deliver, so we couldn't really be picky. There's no way we were going to fit a couch into our car. We did, however, find a nice dining set, a free desk, a dresser for the kids room, and a nice little bed for S-Boogie. And we managed to furnish our place for just under 200 dollars, with most of that going for the dining set. We liked the bed from Ikea, but it wasn't in stock and we found one on craigslist for half the price. I'm not super happy about our couch, but at least we have one and maybe we can find a nice slipcover for it. I think I would eventually like to get a rug for the living area also, since we have brown carpet, brown drapes and brown bookcases. A lighter-colored rug would brighten things up and hide the nasty old beat-up carpet. We also still need to hang up some pictures, but hopefully we can do that tonight. It just feels nice to have all of our stuff out of boxes. Now we can finally go to bed on time. We've stayed up until midnight almost every night because the only time we can get things done is after bedtime. Maybe tonight we'll take a break and sit on our new couch to watch a movie.

Comments

Samantha said…
Congratulations!! It's true that a couch makes a house a home. We now have five used cast-off couches, one for each family member. I'm not sure why...Good to hear things are going well for you in one of my favorite fair cities.
Desmama said…
Wow. I am impressed. It took me several months to unpack boxes or finally get so sick of seeing them I just sent them to the storage unit. It certainly wasn't within a week that I had unpacked everything, and I only had one kid!
Melyngoch said…
Now, as I've suggested elsewhere, all you need is a card catalog . . .
Tolkien Boy said…
Congratulations! I hope you guys feel very settled, despite all the peeping toms...
Anonymous said…
Congratulations. I'm glad everything has worked out so well for you.

And keep in mind, with what you paid for your couch :) you could afford to donate it to somone else, if you find one you like better!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals