The plans, they are a changin'

But they're changing for a really good reason! University housing somehow managed to find an apartment that's available for us next Tuesday, September 12. That means no temporary apartment, no storage for a month, etc. We're still going through with the move on the schedule that we had planned, since we've already arranged for our utilities to be shut off here this weekend, and I have plane tickets, and Master Fob has to be there on Monday for his job. We'll just get to stay in a hotel for Monday night (well, Master Fob gets to stay in a hotel for a few nights). We actually have a real, confirmed address and we're going to be able to move right in. Whew--I think this is the craziest move ever! (Hopefully it's still not going to be as bad as the time my family moved from California to Idaho and all five of us kids managed to get the stomach flu at some point during the three-day drive).

Comments

Earth Sign Mama said…
But, on the bright side, (and there always is one--sometimes it is the bottom of the pan everyone is barfing into...)um..anyway, that bright side: we got to stop for the barfing right in front of a big mountain in northern Nevada that had rocks formed into the shape of the letters "BM" and so we called it "Barf Mountain". I think it really stood for Battle Mountain, but if my city's initials were also the common term for an smelly bodily function, I'd probably think of some other symbol to put on the mountain in giant white letters.
Th. said…
.

Congratulations! That is good news!
JB said…
Good for you!! I'm glad to hear it. :)
Halla-freaking-llujia!

Congrats.
Desmama said…
I am so glad!
Jenny said…
How nice that they pulled through!

ESM-My daughter puked at BM last summer. Crazy.

Foxy, good luck with the move, the plane flight and the rainy weather.

If you are in the market for things to occupy Sboogie, Target had all their school supplies clearanced the last time I was in there if you needed to enhance your supply of washable crayons and markers, and I found this cool magnetic book at Barnes and Noble on clearance as well.
Anonymous said…
Hurrah!
skyeJ said…
Wow. I have some really good friends in Battle Mountain! I had no idea we all barfed there. I wish I could've told them that when I'd met them. They would've loved it!!
Yaay!! A house for the FOBs!! Lhamdulillah!!
Cricket said…
WOO HOO that is excellent news! Praise God!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals