A nice ending to a nice week

Wow--this has been a crazy busy week! I spent Monday and Tuesday involved with the whole Jeopardy! thing. Then on Thursday Master Fob got an acceptance letter to the library program at the University of Washington, and on Saturday got rejected from Hawaii, so now we now know for sure where we are moving this fall. And on top of all that, we had a pretty fun and busy weekend.

Friday: During the afternoon we went to see Master Fob's sister perform in the Living Legends alumni talent show. We actually had to leave early because S-Boogie desperately needed her nap, but the numbers we saw were fabulous. I think my favorite one was put on by five original members of the "Lamanettes" from the early 1970s. They performed in white fringed pantsuits and danced to a souped up version of "Cherokee Nation." It was awesome. Then Friday night I went down to campus and dropped S-Boogie off at the pow-wow with Master Fob's sisters while I went to the annual Spanish Trivia Bowl. It's done in teams of four, and after a very intense competition my team won! And, it really wasn't just because I was on it :) The questions for each round were balanced between pedagogy, linguistics, and literature, so we made sure our team had at least one member from each specialty. It was a good strategy, since we kicked trash. I got fame, glory, and $20 to spend at the BYU Bookstore.

Saturday: My parents came up from Las Vegas for the weekend, so on Saturday we spent some time at the mall doing a little shopping. We found a great sale going on at Mervyns, so Grandma bought S-Boogie a very cute Easter dress as well as another adorable spring time outfit. S-Boogie spent most of Saturday in a state of extreme hyperness because "Gamma" and "Gappa" were here. That night we all went out to dinner (together with my older brother, sister-in-law, and nephew) to Bombay House for an Indian feast. S-Boogie managed to demonstrate all the reasons why you shouldn't take a toddler anywhere nicer than Village Inn, but it was still a somewhat pleasant evening and the food was fabulous.

Sunday: Gamma and Gappa came to church with us, so it was nice to have someone else to hang out with S-Boogie during sacrament meeting. S-Boogie also got to try out her new church activity: Color Wonder markers. I impulse bought them at Target the other day, mainly attracted by the alphabet coloring book they came with. They are truly the most wonderful thing ever--they only write on the magic paper that came with them, and the coloring book has hidden pictures that you color over to make appear. S-Boogie was occupied by the coloring book for nearly 20 minutes, a new world record for a toy. After church we came home and ate all the leftovers from last night, then said goodbye to Gamma and Gappa so they could go home to Las Vegas. Now S-Boogie is taking a nice long nap, and Master Fob is at choir practice, so I can use the internet to my heart's content (OK, I should be taking a nap). Then we're going to make crepes for dinner (If you read this before 6 pm on Sunday, you're invited. Just bring Nutella or whipped cream or something exciting to put in crepes). Every weekend should be this fun.

Comments

TK said…
I'm glad you had such a good weekend. And that Sophie got her Easter dress! Hope you have a good week, too! Hang in there - I think you're almost in the home stretch, for school a n d the pregnancy! And I'm glad you at least know where you're moving. That must take a little of the anxiety out of your life.
stupidramblings said…
And I just learned from your comment on Cicada's post that you went to Spain. Is it possible we were there at the same time--say--'93-5 in Bilbao?

The world is dying to know...
skyeJ said…
I can think of EXCITING things to go on a crepe, but I don't think they'd be edible. Even if they once were food.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals