6 Days of Christmas Memories

I guess we could call this post "Christmas Music Part 2". Last night at the party we were discussing what the worst Christmas songs ever were. No one brought up this one. My sister actually once had to do a tap dance routine to this song, complete with a felt hippo face safety pinned to her shiny red leotard (I think she was about 5 or 6).

Speaking of dance, another family tradition we had was attending a performance of The Nutcracker each year. My mom also used to make new dresses for my sister and I each year for Christmas, so the performance was a good opportunity to show off our new clothes. When I was thirteen I got to wear pantyhose and high heels for the first time. That was exciting for a few months afterward, but then I figured out how uncomfortable true beauty is and gave up that habit. I wore white pumps with frilly ankle socks to my eighth grade graduation--I'm just a fashion rebel like that.

Comments

ambrosia ananas said…
Oh, I hate that song so much.
Earth Sign Mama said…
I LOVE that song. When I was a freshman at BYU my roommate was from Manhattan and she introduced me to it. I thought it was so ridiculous and terrific. Of course, I only had the sheet music. I've subsequently heard a recording and it isn't nearly as fun to listen to as it is to sing.
skyeJ said…
I think the song I danced to was, "All I Want is a Happy Hippopotamus", not this one. But this is a very annoying song. And I love to sing it. And my freshman year roommate at BYU also loved this song.
Kristeee said…
I say you should talk your sister into doing a repeat performance. That would bring some Christmas cheer!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals