Vacation of the Absurd

This is Little Dude in his "cage". We're glad we didn't have to bring our playpen with us, but the free crib from the motel was quite interesting. I kept wanting to sing our favorite Stephen Marley song: "Let me out, let me out, I'm an angry lion".

On Sunday we were getting ready for church and I was trying to find my tights. S-Boogie had gotten herself ready earlier and was wearing a pair of tights that were too big. I assumed she had borrowed them from her older cousin so I thought I'd just let it go. Then I looked in the suitcase and realized that she had put on my tights. It was hard to convince her to switch because I couldn't wear hers.

We ran into a tumbleweed that blew across the road in southern Utah. It was as wide as the front of our car and stuck in the grill. We got it off by pulling off on an exit and braking quickly. Then we ran over it and got it stuck to the bottom of the car. It finally managed to get completely free when we went over a cattle guard.

The last few miles of Interstate 15 before you reach Las Vegas are surrounded by trash. The desert is covered with glinting plastic bags and other detritus. It's an appropriate welcome to the town, I think.

My dad has a new hobby of collecting plastic bowls shaped like Ninja Turtles. We had a few that we originally got during the early 90s, but he's decided to expand the collection. His latest find is two boxes of Ninja cereal, still in their original plastic wrapping. Some of you may inherit precious antiques from your parents; I'm getting Ninja Turtle bowls. I hope I get Leonardo--he's always been my favorite.

This morning we discovered that Little Dude likes to eat cat food. Yum.

Comments

He just about has enough of these to host a ward party at his house.
SenecaSis said…
And how do you KNOW you wouldn't fit into S-Boogie's tights??? Did you try them on?

I had to laugh out loud at this one. I could so picture her trying to convince you to just wear hers...
Kristeee said…
Oh, man. Sounds like an interesting time so far.

Leonardo was always my favorite. I liked his purple outfit. (Um, not that superheroes wear "outfits" per se...)
Kristeee said…
I stand corrected. I guess I liked Donatello, because he was the purple one. (It's been a long time since I watched the cartoons!)
rantipoler said…
Hmm, I always like Michaelangelo best. I used to eat cat food when I was a kid, too. It was the kind shaped like Xs and Os. My brother actually went through a dog biscuit phase later on. Yummy!
Mo said…
My little brother used to eat dog food. My mom always said "well, it doesn't hurt the dogs!"
Those bowls are kick azz!
Sir Jupiter said…
Wow you guys travel a lot.

Aren't you among the jet set!
skyeJ said…
Leonardo leads, Donatello does machines. Raphael is cool, but rude (gimmie a break!), Michaelangelo is a party dude. Whoaaa!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals