Panic Time

The plan for today was that my children would either amuse themselves quietly or take long naps so I could get ready for our trip and tweak some things on my thesis. Right now they're both crying inconsolably. So much for that plan.

The thesis is going OK. I actually have about 55 pages now and I feel like it's more or less complete. I just need to beef up a few parts of it here or there. If any of my friends who are good at critiquing such things or who are good at writing profusely about stuff (I'm not) wants to email me to have a look at it, I would be eternally grateful (I might even make you cinnamon rolls or something some day when my life gets calmer). It does have some lengthy quotes in Spanish, but I did write in English.

Packing for a trip just plain sucks. Trying to get all the clothes clean. Trying to remember all the little things both kids will need and all the little things I might need. Like all the right cords for the laptop and the camera, or the nail clippers. This afternoon I blew forty dollars on books at Barnes and Noble. I never buy new books like that. I really am stressed.

Oh, and I can't find my Emmylou Harris CD anywhere. Can I go cry now?

Comments

TK said…
Yes, you can cry now, especially if it makes you feel better.

And I would be glad to edit / critique your thesis, if you'd like me to take a look at it. Of course, I don't know the subject matter, but one of my friends assures me that it's actually better that way. She figured if her dissertation was written clearly enough for me to understand, then it would certainly be clear enough for her committee. :)
ambrosia ananas said…
As it happens, editing theses is something I do frequently, and I'd be happy to look at yours. (If you send it, please specific which style guide you want me to use.)
Th. said…
.

I newly have the ability to steal music.

Would you like a copy of Red Dirt Girl?

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals