Fast Food Nation

I feel dirty inside. I spent most of this morning at the mall with S-Boogie. I really don't like the mall, I don't like shopping, and I hate being accosted by vendors trying to sell me cell phones or fancy hand lotion. But today is one of those Saturdays when Master Fob works all day, and they have a tendency to become really, really long days. Also, we have been searching everywhere for red boots to complement the Supergirl outfit for next week. Alas, toddlers no longer wear red boots, as I confirmed this morning at Provo Towne Centre.

The trip to the mall wasn't the really bad part, though: I bought her a Happy Meal for lunch. I hadn't really planned on it, but I realized that an Orange Julius sounded great for my queasy stomach, and then when I got to the food court the french fries started calling me. Well, the food court at the Provo mall sucks and the best place (pretty much the only place) for fries was McD's. They have medium fries for $1, but I didn't have that much change and I felt stupid using my credit card for a purchase that small. So I got the Happy Meal with chicken nuggets. I even got her french fries instead of apples, since that was the whole point of buying the stupid thing. At least they let you get milk instead of soda. And we got a rather hideous looking little Madame Alexander doll dressed like Minnie Mouse. Ah yes, Disney and McDonalds, two of the great members of the cult of American capitalism. You can't go wrong with a combo like that.

So next Saturday we will pack an organic lunch and go hiking in the mountains. I promise.

Comments

Th. said…
.

Is it better that you bought the Happy Meal at the mall instead of Wal*Mart. Because if so, you can be happy about that.

My sister just threatened to take the Big O to McD's if she ever babysits.

I don't think she realized we would take it as a threat though....
FoxyJ said…
That is true--WalMart and McD's are truely an evil combination. It has now been nearly two years since I last set foot in Wal Mart, and I feel better even if isn't making much of an impact on their business.
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, I was reading somewhere the other day that potato chips and lemonade are two great foods for dealing with morning sickness. My midwife also recommends drinking flat Coke-and I've found that one really does work. Go figure.

This morning I gave Sophie a Pumpkin Delight because I wanted to eat one and I didn't want to share with her.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear