My two minutes are up

Since I am sure that everyone is dying to know how my day went today, I'll guess I should tell you now. I hope those of you who could watched the forum, more so that you could become more enlightened about Don Quijote and not just because there was such a fabulous prayer at the beginning.

I got to the Marriott Center at about 10:50, since I had been directed to arrive no later than 10:55. I've never sat down on the floor, so it was weird enough to be down there. Most of my classmates from my Quijote class were sitting down there, so I briefly sat by them because I didn't want to be the first to go sit up on the stand. When a few more people came in and sat up there, I went up. The lights were very, very bright and so I felt a little disoriented. Then I noticed that when they directed the camera to Dr. Friedman, you could see a little of my chin behind him. I also started to worry about the height of the microphone, but when I got up to give the prayer, "do not touch the microphone" flashed on all the teleprompter screens and I waited for a moment for them to lower the podium for me. I gave the entire prayer with eyes very tightly shut and I was so nervous about getting back to my seat without tripping that I barely noticed what else was going on. I am also very glad that I was able to sit through the rest of the forum without fidgeting or biting my nails at all.

And then we went to the question and answer section, which was interesting, but I couldn't help thinking about what they were going to serve us for lunch. After the Q&A the few of us that had been invited to the lunch (me, 2 other students, several professors and a few university bigwigs that I can't remember names for) got to hop on a golf cart and ride down to the visitor's center (it's that old house over by the Brimhall building). Lunch was very good, and we even got apple pie for dessert. I was a little disappointed by the lunch however, because I really didn't get to participate in the conversation much. It was dominated by a few other people at the table who outrank me in age and seniority. My main contact with Dr. Friedman was a handshake and a few generic comments. But it was still a fun day and I enjoyed getting to be a "minor celebrity" for a few hours. Dr. Friedman actually commented during the lunch that it was weird for him to go home tomorrow and to not be "famous" any more, so I guess I'm not the only one who likes free lunch and getting to ride on golf carts.

Comments

Anonymous said…
So: the important question: what did you wear?
FoxyJ said…
I wore a knee length brown plaid skirt with a black sweater set(a cardigan over a short sleeve sweater) and regular pantyhose that make my legs look shiny. I also wore underwear. I always do.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals