A full day

I don't know if it's just the fact that the medication is working, but things have been going quite well for me lately. I hesitate to even think this, let alone say it, lest I be struck down in my moment of pride. But that's OK; for now I will relish the fact that I'm finally having a good time. Here are a few highlights from today:

--We got to be among the first people to meet our brand new nephew this morning. He is very adorable and managed to break the family curse of the bald headed babies. Lots of black hair and very chubby cheeks.

--My Don Quijote class was quite interesting today; we had an exhilarating discussion on history, literature and truth. I felt proud of the fact that a comment I made was referred to later by the professor as being particularly brilliant.

--After DQ I rushed over to meet Master Fob at a talk being given by one of my favorite YA authors,
Chris Crutcher. Chris discussed censorship and bad language in books and stuff like that. It was pretty cool, and Master Fob bought me a copy of my favorite Crutcher book Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes and got it autographed. We are building up a nice little collection of autographed books...

--After that I had to rush to the counseling center, where I had a nice visit and learned that my rating on the depression scale has gone down again, so things are good. Master Fob took S-Boogie to the grocery store during this time and she was treated like royalty. She loves Maceys because they have truck carts and they give out free balloons. We also stopped at the Malt Shoppe on the way home and treated ourselves to their $3 lunch special.

--And, this evening we went on a date to
Fuente Ovejuna . It is a fabulous historical play from Spain, written by one of the masters of Spanish drama, Lope de Vega. The sets, costumes and music were fabulous. The acting was great. I thought some of the dialogue seemed a little weird, but that's what happens when you try and translate a play written in 17th century Spanish verse to English. It doesn't work really well. But, it is awesome and if anyone out there hasn't seen it yet, you should go. Definitely worth the money. (And if you sit in the first few rows you get excellent views of the skin tight breeches and leather codpieces)

Today was a particularly fun day, but I'm actually glad I have no plans for tomorrow or Saturday. It will be nice to not be busy for once!

Oh, and special thanks to my sister for washing our dishes while she was here babysitting, that was the final touch of fabulousness.

Comments

Yes, everyone go see Fuente Ovejuna now. It's only playing at BYU through tomorrow. Even if you don't live in Utah, fly here to see it.

And then go home and read a Chris Crutcher book.
(tomorrow being Saturday 10/8)
FoxyJ said…
They don't always give her a balloon, but most of the time I've been there they have. I think it might depend on the cashier. Oh, and they sometimes give her smarties too!
editorgirl said…
Thanks for the reminder on Fuente Ovejuna. I am going tomorrow, as per Master Fob's orders.
Tolkien Boy said…
Congrats on everything, especially the new nephew and the good day. Hope that this is the first of many.
Th. said…
.

Hooray for (all those nouns)!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals