I'm not dead yet...

Just about ready to kill myself, though. Life hasn't been that bad, yet--no major illnesses, natural disasters, or anything like that. But, all the little annoyances are adding up way too fast for me. Like we're suddenly having major issues with appliances--last week our toaster spontaneously combusted, then Master Fob's electric shaver exploded, and this morning I noticed the washing machine making a rather ominous thudding sound during the spin cycle. Our electronics have turned against us. And I have terrible acne, bad gas pain, and none of my pants fit anymore (they are either too big or too small). Sigh. Oh yeah, and then there are the 3 different 12-15 page papers that are due within the next three weeks.

And then, our internet and phone died on Friday and have been dead ever since. Customer service has been less than helpful, since their "contractors don't have to work over the weekend". Yuck. Maybe I should just eat too much turkey for Thanksgiving and put myself into a stupor that will last me until Christmas.

Comments

Tolkien Boy said…
Doesn't it always seem to go that everything decides to break down at the same time?

The pagan peoples had an easier way of explaining it...mischevious gods...
editorgirl said…
My dear TB: the word is mischievous.

And I second the stupor.
TK said…
Sorry to sound so disgustingly 'Pollyanna-ish', but may I suggest that tomorrow's post be a list of an equal number of GOOD things that have happened.

(Aaargh! No, FoxyJ, please don't throw that toaster at me . . . !)

Being a rather negative person by nature, I'd never think of it if I were in your place, but since I'm not, I'll suggest it, as it may give you a lift!
Melyngoch said…
Although I'll agree that a spontaneously combusting toaster doesn't quite rank as a natural disaster, I think it comes in a little above "little annoyance," anyway.

And if you're going to overdose on Thanksgiving foodstuff, might I recommend the pumpkin pie? It's much easier to get down in swift, enormous quantities.
Cricket said…
Did you ever watch the X Files?

There was an epside once that had several older guys sitting around diner discussing the things they'd been up to over the week. It turned out they were demons, and one of them specialized in the kind of stuff you just described. A whole bunch of little irritations that alone would be nothing but lumped up on top of each other they really get to you.

The show was funny at the time, but I think of it every time I feel like you do now!
Cicada said…
I might suggest that when you talk to the phone/internet people who don't have people who work on weekends, you firmly state that you don't pay for services you don't receive. Do the math and calculate what percentage of the monthy total is represented by the number of days you were without service, and then tell them that you expect that amount to be subtracted from your total monthly bill.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear