Birthday Dreams

I just realized that my birthday is coming up in a little over two weeks. It's hard to believe that a year has passed already since last year's big event, and it's even harder to believe that this is my last birthday of my second decade. Next year I hit the big leagues. Yikes! This year I actually have a birthday list; I've decided it's emotionally healthy to start having things that I want or need. I do have wish lists on Amazon with books, movies, music, and a few fun kitchen items. I also don't mind flowers or chocolate either. Any of the following items would be great too:

1. Magazine subscriptions
I get National Geographic and the Church magazines, but I haven't ever gotten anything else. A while ago I got some old issues of
Everyday Food and really liked them, so I think a subscription would be fun. I've had a lot of people tell me that Real Simple is even better, so maybe that would be better because then I could have other ideas for my house besides just food. Along those lines, I also like Better Homes and Gardens and Family Fun.

2. A new cookbook
I have a lot of cookbooks, probably too many. But the one I use most is
this one. It's my basic, go-to book for everything and I love most of the recipes I've tried. Unfortunately my copy is falling apart. I got it free about 10 years ago, but it's not the binder style and the spine has completely died now.

3. A new yogurt maker
I love homemade yogurt, and it's a great way to save money. But my hand-me-down yogurt maker is dying and I would love a fancy new one like
this one.

4. Gift cards or cash for buying new clothes
My wardrobe is very sad right now, especially in the pants department (one pair is too big, one has super glue on it, one has holes in the knees, etc.). I like to get stuff at JC Penney or Target, but I also have cool stores (ie, expensive ones) like Eddie Bauer and The Gap right by my house. Oooh, and if you're thinking gift cards I also live right by Barnes and Noble.

5. A new temple dress
It's been nearly eight years since I first went to the temple. I made myself a dress for the occasion, but I think I used too cheap of fabric because the bodice has become so thin that it's transparent. That's not a good thing. And it's just not as comfortable anymore. I'm not totally sure what I want, though. Probably something simple like
this , this, or this.

Comments

I also think that sounds emotionally healthy. I'm glad to have a good-sized list to choose from.
Lisa said…
I like your list. Can I ditto your list for my birthday?
Desmama said…
All these things sound like so much fun! I can never think of what I want when my birthday rolls around. I'm glad you're thinking of fun items you'd like. Also, I've heard the same things about the Real Simple mags.
Christian said…
Psst . . . The yogurt maker and cookbook aren't on your Amazon.com wish list. And since I've never made a purchase before on someone else's wish list, not having them there is causing me a bit of anxiety as I try to decide what I might possibly thing about considering doing.
COOLGUY said…
Yogurt maker is inbound....
FoxyJ said…
Wow--Ask and ye shall receive! :) And I put the cookbook on my list now...
Jenny said…
I got a 3 year Family Fun subscription off of ebay for like 5 bucks and I really like it, even though I was skeptical of getting a mom magazine.
ambrosia ananas said…
I haven't used the Better Homes & Gardens cookbook before, and I'm trying to expand my cooking library. Can you recommend an edition, or does it matter with BHG?

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals