Productive

This morning I made a batch of granola, swept and vacuumed the floors, and applied for three different jobs. Then this afternoon I made some chocolate chip cookies as well as a yummy, healthy dinner. And I've taken care of a bunch of random odds and ends throughout the day. Plus the kids both got baths and were in bed asleep by eight o'clock (they both got up at seven this morning so they were pretty tired out). I like to be busy and have things to do; the job search is making me antsy because I have this desire to get my life in order and to be doing something. My thesis is more or less done and it is now in the hands of my committee to schedule a defense date (reminder to self: do some emailing on that one). I know it will take a little time to find myself a good job, but I've been spending a lot of time looking around and finding some good possibilities. In the meantime, I should just relax and enjoy my free time because I won't get very many more days like today in the future. Now if I could only get the weather to warm up so we can play outside...

Comments

TK said…
I love your granola! Yum! You're a great cook - so I'm sure everything else was delicious, too.
Cicada said…
I have heard that right now unemployment is really low. I don't know if that's just in Utah or if it's nationwide. Anyway, I hope that you are successful in finding a job that works for you! I hate the job hunting process just for the fact that you don't know where you're going to end up. I hope that the process is over quickly for you! Good luck!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals