Full Coverage

I bought a new swimming suit yesterday for the first time in nearly six years. Well, I guess I bought a maternity one a few years ago, but it was time to get a real suit since my other one was falling apart and I feel dumb wearing the maternity one now that my kid is a year old. Right now is a great time to get a suit, by the way, because they are all on sale. I got mine at JC Penney for half off.

The thing I hate about swimsuit shopping is the fact that a vast majority of the suits offered out there are itty-bitty bikinis. I just can't wear something like that. This time I decided to try on a a tankini that had a fairly long top and a little skirt on the bottom. Even that was too much, because if I moved at all you could suddenly see the shapeless blob that is my stomach. Having two children by c-section within three years is not friendly to your body. So I nixed that idea fast.

So I got a suit that was described on the label as a "swimdress" (it's kind of like this one). It's comfortable, it covers everything (I refuse to shave my bikini line--it just seems ridiculous to me to wear something that can't even adequately cover my lady parts), and it was quite cheap. And I look like a little old lady. But you know what, I don't care. I just want to be comfortable while I'm swiming and playing with my kids at the pool. I just hope no one thinks I'm the grandma because of my suit.

Comments

You don't look like a grandma in the picture.
JB said…
Those look like cute "swim dresses." They show shape and they have a young look to them. I'm surprised because, I expected to see pictures of granny suits. And, frankly, I love to wear string bikinis, but granny suits always seem like fun to wear--they're so feminine! And sometimes they come in really pretty designs.
AmyJane said…
The swim skirt is one of the best inventions of all time. I love teh faille tankini from Land's End with the swim mini bottom. I'm saving up to replace my getting icky one.
Samantha said…
I think it's adorable. I shopped for a swimsuit last year and found one I fell in love with--I know I went insane while shopping because I also paid $85 for it. I was so sick of shopping and trying on. I would never pay that much if I were in my right mind.
Lindsay said…
This reminds me...I should get myself a new swimsuit one of these days. I've been wearing the same one since I was 14...which is just so sad. It really is time. I'm happy you found one you liked!
Earth Sign Mama said…
Hey, no one will think YOU'RE the grandma if you hang out with the actual Grandma...Believe me, no one will mistake me for anything other than the grandma...
Mama said…
You're too cute - no one will think you're a grandma.

Hey - I like the skirty suit! My ward has a weekly pool playdate this summer and I don't want to look lame, so I got some board shorts. I wore them on top of my one piece, and I have to say.....they rocked!!!!I channeled my inner surfer.
Desmama said…
I've been looking for a new one too, and that one looks really cute. *Surfs off to look around*
FoxyJ said…
Desmama--you really should go check out JC Penney. Mine was half off, so it only ended up costing me $33, which is not a bad deal for a swimming suit!
Kristeee said…
The suit's totally cute - no grannies there! And, for the record, I think it's great that you don't let pubic hair dictate the level of your "femininity" or appeal. Your kids have one level-headed Mama.
ambrosia ananas said…
Yes. Very cute. Now I want one. : )

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals