Torn

So far I've eliminated two of the job options I had last week. The word processing job never emailed me back, but I noticed the other day that they had relisted it on craigslist. I assume that means I'm probably not still in the running. I interviewed for the library one, but the next day I called and let them know that I wasn't interested. That was hard, because it sounded like a good job. But they wanted to me work at least two nights a week (until 9) and every other weekend. I just don't feel like doing that, especially not for the pay they are offering. That leaves option number 2, the registrar's office position. My interview went well and I think it sounds like a fun job and a good place to work. However, I now have an interview on Wednesday for an adjunct teaching position. It would be two nights a week, starting in September. It's also at a college that's fairly far south of here, so those two nights would involve a lot of driving. I really don't know that I could work full-time as well as teach two nights a week. It feels like way too much, especially with two little kids. On the other hand, good part-time jobs can be hard to find. If they offer me the position at the registrar's office, it would be really hard to say no. If nothing else, that would end the whole stupid job searching process. But I'm getting really scared about working full-time, especially if picking up some adjunct classes is a viable option. I think I should teach because that is the career path I want to follow, so teaching an adjunct class would really strengthen my resume. It's so hard to decide!

Comments

Automatic word association:

Are you lying naked on the floor?
Anonymous said…
You are going to be okay. There are a lot of people in the world who care about you and your struggles. Hang in there. Changes can be scary, but you will come out just fine.
The Weed said…
Continuation of word association:

What about being cold and ashamed? Any of that? And what of your perfect sky? Are you wide awake!?

I heard that today at Lagoon, btw. Crazy

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals