You'd think by this point they'd pay me to leave

In case you didn't know already, graduating from college is not free. It's even worse when you're in graduate school. Last week I had to pay to make copies of my thesis as well as a binding fee for each copy. I'm glad that I decided to submit it electronically, since I ended up with two required copies instead of the standard four. The secretary told me that the last person who submitted their thesis had nine copies. Nine! At fifteen dollars a copy for binding fees, that adds up. And I just got information on caps and gowns as well as graduation announcements. More little fees to pay. But I don't care. It is so worth it. I'm actually getting excited about putting on my funky robe and getting to parade across that stage for my diploma. Maybe even excited enough to plan to do it again a few more years down the road.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals