Riding the wave

For the last few days I've been feeling down. No energy, no desire to do stuff. I checked out the second season of ER on DVD and spent most of Friday and Saturday watching it. And I kept bawling. Especially since that was the season that Susan ended up with her sister's baby and had to decide whether or not to keep her. It was so tragic.

Then today I finally remembered to look at the calendar. Then the little light went on in my head--the same little light that's been going on for the last fifteen years or so. Oh yeah, it's OK, it's just "that time of the month". It always sneaks up on me; I have to remind myself that there are just a few days every month where life seems harder, everything seems more tragic, and the world is a horrible place. So for today I will keep reminding myself that "this will pass in a few days and you'll be fine". In the meantime, I'll just go eat more chocolate.

Of course that does mean I have something truly depressing to think about: I not only get to vacation by myself with two little kids, but I get to do it while crampy and bloated. Oh joy.

Comments

Earth Sign Mama said…
Eat lots of watermelon...it is a great way to deflate the bloat--Vitamin P you know.

Timing is everything in life, huh?

The first thing I'm asking when I get to heaven is "What was the deal with that HORMONE thing??"

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals