Four Quick Things

1. I wanted to try NaBloPoMo again to see if I jump start my writing and creativity again. I've spent the last few years feeling increasingly uninspired and spending more time reading things on the internet rather than producing them. I have no idea if anyone is still reading this--I'm one of the few people I know who still uses a feed reader and actively reads blogs--and I think most of what I've posted so far has been drivel, but I'm going to keep trying.

2. Today was another busy day, all day long. Five or ten years ago I thought things would be easier when the kids were bigger. They are easier in some ways, since they can all feed and dress themselves. However, expectations are higher, problems are bigger, and they definitely all have personalities and priorities of their own. Plus we are just busier with more activities and homework and other things. The three kids are at three different schools (elementary, middle, and high school) for the next three years, and that makes some things (like mornings) hard. One of the things I miss most is when they were littler and I could put them all to bed early. I miss my quiet alone time at night.

3. Sometimes we have a lot of fun at my job. Maybe too much fun--I'm not always the most professional supervisor. Today we got a copy of the book "What's Your Poo Telling You?" (yes, the subject heading is "Feces-popular works" and it's the only book we have with that call number). Then we had to open an enormous book that was wrapped in many layers of tape and paper. I hope the students I supervise actually like their job and don't think I'm a total weirdo.

4. Yesterday I made some oatmeal molasses rolls for dinner and they were very tasty. I had gotten out of the habit of baking bread, but am starting it up again and we are all happy about it. Right now we have early church and there is plenty of time on Sundays to make a batch of bread or rolls (or pumpkin scones like I did last week).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals