Tiny Tuesday Thought

Tonight I re-read a cover letter I wrote four years ago when I applied for a different position at the library where I work. At the time, I had only been in my current job for about eighteen months, but had been wanting to work in another department and move up the ladder a bit. I still feel that way, and was re-reading the letter while writing a new one for a different position that has opened up. As I was reading the letter, I realized how much I've changed and how much I have learned since that time. I was upset not to get hired in the different position and thought I was qualified, and I'm not completely convinced I wasn't, but it was amazing to me to see how much more I know now. It was a good reminder to me of why it is important to stay humble and to remember that there are always opportunities to grow and change.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals