Reading Roundup: 2022

 I read 61 books in 2022; 44 were by women, 15 were by men, and 2 had multiple authors of multiple genders. 11 were nonfiction, 2 were poetry, and 48 were fiction. This year I also read 4 books in Spanish and 3 books that were translated in English from other languages. 

Although I don't think I want to set some reading goals or take on a particular reading challenge, next year I would like to read more works in translation and more books of poetry. I'd also like to get back into reading more Mormon nonfiction books since I haven't done that as much during the last few years.

In no particular order, here are my favorite books from this year:

Fiction: 

Seven Days in June by Tia Williams

The Violin Conspiracy by Brendan Slocumb

Picnic in the Ruins by Todd Robert Petersen

Small Things Like These by Claire Keegan

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

Eleusis by R. de la Lanza

True Biz by Sara Novic

The Cartographers by Peng Shepherd

Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel

Trust by Hernan Diaz

Horse by Geraldine Brooks

The Winners by Fredrik Backman

Nonfiction:

Empire of Pain: The Secret History of the Sackler Dynasty by Patrick Radden Keefe

What Happened to You?: Conversations on Trauma, Resilience, and Healing by Oprah Winfrey and Bruce D. Perry

Eugene England: A Mormon Liberal by Kristine Haglund

Crying in H Mart by Michelle Zauner

Solito by Javier Zamora

Index, A History of The by Dennis Duncan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals