It's not delivery

I stopped by Target this afternoon to pick up a few things. I started out shopping in my usual penny-pinching manner, picking up some Suave conditioner and some generic brand face scrub, even though I really do prefer the name brands. I was really trying not to spend very much money on my groceries, and then I ran into the frozen foods section. DiGiorno pizzas were on sale. They looked really, really good. We haven't had pizza for a while. I told myself that $4.50 was kind of a lot for one pizza, and I could just go home and mix up some dough, and grate some cheese, and then I'd just have to buy some olives and a green pepper.... And then I grabbed the pizza and threw it in my cart. So tonight we are having pizza for dinner. Over-priced, frozen pizza full of fat and additives and preservatives. And I have decided not to care or feel guilty about it.

Comments

Christian said…
Ahh, but I will put forth that it was worth the $4.50. First, you have to take into account the cost of the ingredients if you were to do it on your own. Then you have to take into account the value of your time. Now, having sampled a bit of your cooking, I would say your time is worth, oh, I don't know, I hate to underestimate, but let's say a good $20 an hour. So unless you can whip this pizza from scratch together in about 10 minutes, you've saved money.
Earth Sign Mama said…
Hear Hear!! Treating yourself to occasional prepared food is the purpose of all that penny-pinching: you have enough to splurge when you feel like it.

And I agree that your time, as a cook, is easily worth $20 an hour, maybe more...
Cricket said…
Who on earth can actually say "we haven't had pizza for awhile"? For me that means "I haven't had pizza this week" LOL!!
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
Same here, Mandi... Way too much pizza. And I agree with Edgy. I was just talking about this with someone--you have to think about how much money your time is worth.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear