Please refrain from ticking off the pregnant woman

So at my last checkup with the doctor, about a week ago, he looked at my chart, looked up at me and asked "oh, are you just planning on scheduling a c-section?". I think my eyes starting shooting daggers at that point, because his office has been very frustrating to me. I patiently explained that we had already had this discussion several times over the last few months and that I was under the impression that my c-section was already scheduled for June 15th. He said, "oh, you should call the office and talk to Julie, she's the one who does the scheduling." Oh, OK, now you tell me. So I went home and forgot to call the doctor's office back (my appointment was last Thursday, so I had to wait until at least Monday to call because they are closed on Fridays).

Finally today I got around to calling the office. The first thing I found out was that my doctor wasn't going to be in town the week of the 15th. That's fine, since there are two other doctors available that can do my surgery. I decided I didn't care that much about who did the operation, but I really care about getting as close to the day that I want as I can. Heck, if I can schedule my child's birth, I might as well get what I want if possible. I figure it makes up for everything else. So then I was told that since they are already down a doctor, the 15th is booked up at the hospital. I debated asking for the 19th, but figured that was pushing it since my due date is the 16th. Plus that's a Monday and later in the week seems to be better for everyone involved in the process. The end result is that I'm now scheduled to have my baby on Wednesday, June 14 (Happy Flag Day) at 7:30 in the morning (I think...).

Comments

Cricket said…
Not that a C-section is all that thrilling, but how exciting to plan your baby's birthday!

Both my girls came 13 days prior to their due dates, so even scheduling it close to the dute dates wouldn't have worked out in my cases, LOL oh well.
AmyJane said…
Yay for getting the babies out! Honestly, though I cannot beleive it's already time for you to have that baby. I guess time flies when you're not the pregnant person!
Katria said…
Well, on the bright side, at least you have got it scheduled now and won't have to worry about it after the date. Right?

Is Sophie excited? And Master Fob?
Jenny said…
That is two days after my birthday! I hope you survive the last month.
Desmama said…
I was just thinking this morning how nice it would be to schedule the baby. As it is, I just have to sort of . . . wait (I guess that's not so unusual for a pregnant woman approaching delivery). Gotta love doctor's offices' blunders like that (esp. when you've had conversation after conversation after conversation and thought you'd cleared it up).

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals