What a difference...

...a good night's sleep will make! Yesterday I was convinced that I just wanted to die because I felt so bad. I haven't been sleeping very well lately at all and yesterday I think I hit the wall. Plus I've actually been having some contractions off and on since Sunday (not so many today, though, don't get too excited yet) and those aren't really very pleasant either. But, despite the fact that I went to bed at midnight last night I still fell asleep quickly and stayed asleep until 8 this morning. Hallelujah!

I know I just need to de-stress, but right now that's kind of hard. The last few weeks of pregnancy are stressful, because birth could happen any day now, which really means today or three weeks from today. I've also got school to worry about, and our total lack of funds until Master Fob finds another job, and the fact that I'm still in charge of the Primary, etc., etc... And my grandma has been teetering back and forth between deathly ill and sort-of-deathly ill for the last few weeks. She's old and very sick and I don't blame her for wanting to just leave and be with grandpa again. What's stressing me out is the fact that I probably won't be going to her funeral. I never thought I wouldn't make it to her funeral, but I really shouldn't plan on going at this point. It's about 4 hours up to Wyoming, and even though the hospital there is in-network, the only thing worse than an emergency c-section here is one at a hospital 4 hours away. Not a good idea. According to my doctor yesterday the baby is actually now head down, which was sort of surprising, but S-Boogie did that for a few weeks until she decided to be sneaky and flip back over right before my due date. So yeah, I'll probably be missing my Grandma's funeral unless she manages to hold out for another 2 months (going after the baby comes won't be a good option for at least a month or so either). That makes me sad...

Comments

AmyJane said…
You poor thing! Before having a baby, I would have felt bad for you. Now, I want to cry for you and every other woman who goes through the end of pregnancy. It's a rough time. Do you need anything? I know you don't even know me really, but I'm a good normal person, I promise.
Also, good sleep really is a miracle. For us it got to the point that when Sean noticed me crying too often, he would insist that I hit the hay for at least 8-10 solid hours. It was like making a toddler go to bed-- you know they will wake up with a better attitude towards everything.
Jenny said…
I'm all teary eyed reading your blog! I feel really really bad for you and hope it's all over soon and you get an angel baby and a miracle recovery.

And I can vouch for Amy. You really should put her to work. She's excellent at cleaning, organizing, and anything involving kids. And she makes delicious chicken parmesean. :)
skyeJ said…
Feeling your pain in Morocco. Can't go, have to sit and picture SOME OTHER NURSE giving my Grandma bedbaths, PICC line dressing changes, etc. Grandma's happy. Am also exhausted to the point of insanity from trying to understand the people in the world I have chosen to live in. Tashelheit is NOT easy to learn. I think about you and your belly ALL the time. Mbrook! Hang in there!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear