Six months old!

Little Dude's milestones seem to be marked by unusual weather patterns. His birth was on an unseasonably cold May Sunday, and today Seattle is enjoying freezing cold temperatures and snow. Perhaps for his birthday we'll have a hurricane or something. The last few months have flown by and I find it hard to believe that we're now on the downward slope to one year old. Over the last few weeks Little Dude has really started to look and act like an older baby. He doesn't get as much floor time as he probably should, since he's kind of needy about being held and he has a little sister who likes to express her love by dropping things on him. But, when he does get down on the floor he is getting very good at rolling all over and grabbing things. Lately he's developed an obsession with grabbing anything within his reach, so I have to really be on my toes. I wore him in the snugli to a Thanksgiving potluck, and when I looked down he had grabbed a big chunk of ham off my plate and was sucking on it! Although I wouldn't let him eat the ham, Little Dude has started eating real food this month. I'm making my own baby food again, although I decided to just buy baby cereal instead of making my own this time around. Little Dude has had bananas, sweet potatoes, and pears so far, as well as oatmeal and rice cereal. He hasn't shown too much pickiness yet and seems to enjoy all food that I give him. So far he seems to be a rather jolly fellow; he loves to smile at people, and whenever his sister comes near his eyes light up and he starts cooing at her. They still don't interact a lot, but sometimes she manages to get him laughing, and then she'll laugh at him, and everyone will be having a grand old time. We're glad to have him in our family and hope he continues to give us such happy little grins.

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a big boy! Time goes too fast in the first year. Even though I found myself wishing away certain stages, it makes me nostalgic to look back at the cuteness! Also, superwoman, I need to learn about making the baby food for next time. I'm sure it's not as hard as is seems? Or is it?
Anonymous said…
Yeah, just when I think I'm doing good as a thrifty, inventive mommy, FoxyJ outdoes me.
skyeJ said…
mmm. sweet potato cubes. You could make a sweet potato slurpy.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals