The Ides of March

Just when you start to forget what short sleeves and bare feet feel like, you wake up one day and realize that the sun is shining and the air feels clear and warm(er). I can tell that I have overcome my California childhood and acclimated to Utah because the temperatures have been in the 50s lately and I have stopped wearing socks. Well, until today when winter weather came back and I got my coat out again. Spring in Utah is pretty fickle.

Last week was Spring Break at the university I work for; what that meant for me was the execution of a rather big project. We have a satellite campus that is about 45 minutes away, and last week we needed to inventory and relabel all the books that are in the small campus library branch. There were about 10,000 books total, so each day two of my coworkers and I drove up with several students and spent about six hours a day re-labelling books. It was an adventure and a lot of hard work, but mostly went smoothly. That took us through Thursday and then everything on campus was closed on Friday.

Friday wasn't actually much of a day off because I still had to get up early to send the kids off to school. Then Friday afternoon I had an appointment at the dentist. Last month at my check-up they had noticed some decay on one of my molars and decided that I was going to need a crown on that tooth. This is my first crown and I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, that particular tooth has been giving me a hard time for a while. It has an older filling, and even though they tried fixing about a year ago it has still resulted in some pain. I don't really want to get a crown, but if it reduces the sensitivity and means I can chew more easily, then I will go with it. So I spent two hours at the dentist on Friday afternoon and came home with a sore mouth. I thought it wouldn't be a good day, but I had put some potato soup in the crockpot that morning and we ate it for dinner then watched Tangled together before bed.

This week has been somewhat good and bad so far. I've still been having some pain in my tooth with the temporary crown it. Life and work have been crazy busy. I still don't eat well or sleep enough. Maybe someday I'll have something more interesting to say on this blog besides the fact that I'm still alive, still hanging in there, and still spending way too much time on the internet.

Comments

rantipoler said…
Sorry about the crown. :( The rest sounds pretty darn good. :)

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear