Home for the Holidays

As you may have figured out, we've been hanging out at my parents' house in Las Vegas this week. This trip has been pretty exciting for me because this is the first time I've been at "home" for Christmas since 1998. My parents came out to Utah a few years ago, but I'll admit that I spent most of that vacation grumpy and nauseated from being newly pregnant. It has been a kind of weird trip, though, because my parents just moved out here and their stuff didn't arrive until this morning. So it feels like home and yet it doesn't. We're also still in this weird stage where things are adjusting to having grown up children and traditions are in flux. But, we're still having a fabulous Christmas Eve here.

Most of the boxes are waiting out on the patio and won't be unpacked until later. But we got the living room unpacked today and it feels quite cozy. My dad also decided that it was time to replace their old TV and got a very large flat screen at Costco this afternoon. Once he got the audio system stuff all set up, we tested it out by putting on a DVD of U2 in concert. It was awesome. Master Fob helped my parents by alphabetizing their DVDs and CDs for them. After we got things calmed down we watched How the Grinch Stole Christmas with S-Boogie, read the Bible as a family, and put her to bed. Now all I need to do is stuff her stocking and we'll be set for tomorrow morning. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night.

Comments

Melyngoch said…
We just finished stuffing my nephews' stockings, as well as each others' and my parents'. It's the first year we've ever had the brother-with-children stay with us over Christmas, so we may have gotten a little out of control, but maybe that will just make the kids thinks Santa likes the Taylor grandparents best.

Anyway, I'm glad you're having fun with the fam, and Merry Christmas!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Happy, Happy Blog-day Foxy Dear