A compliment, I think

Last night my stomach started to hurt after dinner, and I realized that the culprit was probably my pants that don't quite fit yet (unfortunately all the maternity stuff is falling off, so I'm pretty much stuck with no pants right now). During S-Boogie's bath I slipped into our bedroom to put on a pair of sweatpants. When I came back in the bathroom she looked at me and said, "Ooh, Mom, those are nice pants!". I'm glad someone thinks I look good in sweatpants.

Also, the demon baby seems to have calmed down quite a bit. I think he was having a growth spurt, which my favorite reassuring book tells me is quite common at six weeks of age. When that happens, baby will want to eat more frequently to satisfy his increased hunger, and unfortunately it usually takes a few days for supply to match demand. Last night and the one before were much better and he's taking longer naps. There is still a fair amount of fussiness, though. He really doesn't seem to like being awake, but will fight sleep until he gets overtired and screaming. I hope he gets to the point of realizing that the world is a fun and interesting place soon. He's already six weeks old though, so time is flying. It won't be long before he's more of a "person". I think I got a bit of a smile the other day, and he will intently focus on you if you catch him in a good mood.

Comments

Jenny said…
Isn't six weeks also supposed to be the all time fussy high for most noncolic babies? I frantically read through so many books with Ethan trying to figure out what was wrong with him that I can't keep the facts straight now.
AmyJane said…
We had the same experience. Patrick really calmed down about 8 weeks, just when we thought it would never end and we would have to take him back.
Cicada said…
I need someone in my life who tells me my sweatpants look nice.
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, one book I read mentioned the six weeks thing. I think Timothy has been reading that book.

And Amy, I'm actually glad to hear you had the same issues, since your baby looks so happy now!

Actually, both of you have happy looking babies, so I feel reassured that at some point this will pass. Sophie was a really mellow baby and rarely had any screaming fits, so this is a new experience for us. Of course, she has plenty of screaming fits now, so it's double the fun!!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals