Happy 2 Months to Little Dude

On Friday Little Dude turned 2 months old. Sometimes it feels like the last two months have dragged, and sometimes it feels like they've flown by. This last month has been harder than the first. After the first few weeks I distinctly remember thinking "I'm glad he's not very colicky". Ha ha. The last four weeks or so have been pretty difficult, since he usually isn't very happy unless someone is holding him. He also has bad gas and doesn't stay asleep easily at all. The other night we tried going out for Indian food, but my mom and I had to leave dinner early and take him home because he was too tired and freaking out. But, we're all still alive and he's slowly getting bigger and better.

He has learned to sleep better at night, and I'm really hoping it's not just some magical effect of being at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Also, when he's awake and in a good mood he's quite smiley and cute. He's getting nice and chubby and has a very sweet little smile and intent little gaze. The other night my dad was holding him and he was just contently looking around the room. Then he saw me, and his eyes locked on mine and he started wiggling up and down and making little noises. At least he loves me enough to show it.

Comments

Tolkien Boy said…
It must be fascinating to watch your children develop their personalities, though obviously it's frustrating in the process as well.

I hope, though, that his freaking out in an Indian restaurant doesn't mean that he's culinarily stunted.
Desmama said…
TinyDes does the same thing, except when she's hungry and knows I'm holding her (or I go to pick her up) she cries harder. She knows the milk truck is close.
Katria said…
My sister was colicky the first three months of her life. NON STOP. So I hear. I wasn't around back then.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals