Inviting all vultures

For anyone who only reads my blog and not Master Fob's as well, you are also invited to our final Utah blog party next Monday evening. We will provide pizza (probably from Costco, not homemade) and probably a guava cake since I bought all the ingredients for it a few weeks ago and need to use them up. Besides the pleasure of our company, you will also get the chance to pick through items we are trying to unload and that will be on their way to DI. Most of our stuff is so crappy it's not worth selling, but not so crappy that I wouldn't mind giving it away to friends (if that makes any sense). Off the top of my head, some of the items that may or may not be available on Monday are:

  • a couch (the cushions are starting to get holes in them, but otherwise it's quite large and comfy)
  • microwave cart (quite useful for extra storage space, despite the drawer with the bottom falling out)
  • our older, sort of junky stroller (it is nice and small, though)
  • assorted videos, cassette tapes, and books (yes, you too can own a mix tape that includes Tori Amos, Enya and Puccini arias)
  • one tennis racket (it's easier to give it away than to buy another one and convince Master Fob he needs to learn; and I'm not that good at it either)
  • a twin-size comforter that is green covered with big pink roses and with a ruffle around the edge (it's been in a plastic bag for the last 5 years, so I'm not sure what shape it's in)
  • lightly used Mary Kay cosmetics that I foolishly purchased many years ago and have barely touched
  • a combination salad shooter/spinner that somehow broke and doesn't really spin well but still chops or shreds vegetables (it even comes with a cookbook)
  • one size 12 wedding dress, including the slip and the veil and the shoes (that one is not for free, sorry)
  • one 3 year old and one 3 month old (just kidding)

If you seriously think you might want any of this, let me know when you come to the party. You could own a piece of the Fobs.

Comments

FoxyJ said…
The list was bulleted, and looks bulleted on my preview, but it's not showing up here. Sorry.
JB said…
It looks bulleted to me. But then, maybe you fixed it? Or maybe you're using IE?
Christian said…
It's bulleted for me, too.

Now, I don't need a couch, but I do have friends who may or may not need a couch (I would need to check with them). Can I call dibs on it to give to someone else?
daltongirl said…
I'm not saying you didn't do a fabulous job of "selling" your readers on all the free stuff, but I will not be privileged to join you. I'll be thinking of you though, and hoping you can unload all that stuff. Have a lovely time!
AmyJane said…
You're getting rid of your wedding dress? I can't say I haven't thought about it but I just can't part with it. One cool lady I know had it made into three baby blessing dresses for her three daughters. I thought it was a cool idea but I'm sure it cost a pretty penny.
Anyway, wish we could be there and meet everyone but as we are 12 hours away, it won't be happening. Have fun!
FoxyJ said…
Yeah, I've been trying to sell my wedding dress for several years now. I'd rather have the closet space and the money than keep it around. I'm really not that attached to it--I just bought it at a bridal shop in the mall and I've got plenty of pictures of me in it. My mom saved my blessing dress and we used it for Sophie, but that's an heirloom that's a little easier to store.

Oh, and I remembered today that we have two plastic sleds that we're willing to give away too. I love getting rid of stuff!
COOLGUY said…
I have dibs on the 3 yr old and the 3 mo old.....
Katria said…
I love wedding dresses! Too bad I'm not getting married and too bad I wouldn't fit in yours and too bad I have no money in the first place. Good luck with that, though!

Do you guys still need boxes? I have two in my trunk that I can bring if you do. They're in practically perfect shape even!
Melyngoch said…
Umm, you're giving away books? I mean, I realize they're probably things like "The Morphosyntactic Evolution of Spanish Irregular Verbs" and "Norton's Critical Anthology of South Iberian Poetry from 1702 to 1712", but I can never pass up a free book . . .

. . . sigh . . .
svoid said…
I'll take the tennis racket. Rosey came to Utah with a lone tennis racket and we've been trying to find a mate for it.
Cicada said…
Dangit! Svoid had to claim the tennis racket right as I was starting to feel elated that no one else had claimed it.

I'll be at the party, though. For sure.

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals