My name is FoxyJ and I am a primpaholic

When my alarm went off at 6:30 this morning I turned it off and went back to sleep. Bad idea. At least I woke up at 7:30, which gave me enough time to shower and eat breakfast since my class isn't until 8:30. But, I took the brave new step of appearing in public without doing my hair. Yes, I actually went to school with my hair dripping wet, and not only that, I survived! No one ran away screaming or recoiled in horror upon looking at me. I have always tormented myself about the fact that I really, really need to shower and do my hair before leaving the house in the morning. Whenever we are packing for a trip I spend the whole day feeling bad for taking up space in the suitcase with my blow dryer, but I can't leave it behind. What I have been unable to figure out is why I feel so much guilt over making myself look nice. There is nothing wrong with doing your hair, and it's not like I spend tons of time or even use lots of products on it or anything. I guess I have just never wanted to be one of "those girls" who cares about their appearance so much that they spend an hour in the bathroom each morning carefully adjusting each strand of hair. Deep in my heart I want to be more "wash and wear" and I even tried having longer hair that didn't need so much maintainance, but I just can't do it. I also think the real reason why I feel embarrassed about all of my bathroom time is that I feel like the ends don't justify the means. I really don't look like I spend 45 minutes getting ready in the morning, do I? Not only that, but I live with someone who can shower, dress, and do his hair in less than 20 minutes. I guess I should just get over my guilt and admit it: I am a primpaholic.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals