Inching closer to the end

This morning involved a lot of stress, driving around, hauling two kids here and there, etc. I now feel like crap and I think I will spend the rest of the evening sitting on the couch watching back to back episodes of "Without a Trace" on TNT (well, after S-Boogie's in bed). But, it was worth the hassle because I just took my last final exam ever. Unless I decide I need another degree, but that is totally not happening any time soon. I also got a contract signed so that I have an incomplete grade in my class. I did all the work except for the final paper. I'm ready to write it and have even done an abstract and outline, but it just hasn't happened yet. I needed to read all 500 pages of Cien anos de soledad in order to be ready for the final, so that took priority. So, I'm a lot closer to my degree than I have been in the past. I've completed all my coursework and my specialty exam, and I've filed a prospectus for my thesis. I still have to write my thesis, but at least I don't have to go to class ever again. That's worth celebrating!

Comments

COngratulations on being almost done!
Earth Sign Mama said…
Yes!!! Celebration is in order!!! You have definitely earned (with emphasis on the EARNED) this degree. Hang in there.
Mrs. Hass-Bark said…
I'm so impressed that you made it through Cien anos de soledad. I hated that book, which probably calls into question my capabilities as a Spanish instructor or something, but I don't care. It was torture.

So kudos to you!
Jenny said…
What a way to spend the longest day of the year! I still think it's amazing you're getting a masters with 2 kids.
Melyngoch said…
All right, so what will be the last sentence of your college career?
skyeJ said…
YYAAAAYYYYY!!! MY SISTER IS GOING TO BE THE MASTER OF THE UNIVERSE!!! Maybe now my community will be able to get running water.... Yesss.... (nothing like Napoleon Dynamite quotes to reflect on community development issues!)
TK said…
CONGRATULATIONS! I give you credit, under any circumstances, but you get EXTRA credit, for doing it with little kids and pregnant! I don't know how you did it. I waited until my youngest was in college before attemping a master's degree - and my program didn't even call for a thesis! Good luck on getting that done. But you have a bit of time yet, so don't push yourself while your baby's still so small.
Anonymous said…
.

Congratulations!

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals