Dilemma

At church on Sunday they announced a variety of events coming up over the next few weeks for the Relief Society. I was excited, because I like getting to know people in the ward and things like parties are an easier way to do that than trying to talk at church. But, now things keep coming up for the same times and I'm trying to decide what to do. Next Tuesday night is a social/party at a lady's house from the ward. But my mom will be here so we'll probably be doing something else. I wasn't super excited about that one anyway--it's an Alice in Wonderland-themed tea party and for some reason that weirds me out. This Saturday night the stake is having a dinner before the women's broadcast, but we got invited to a party by some of Master Fob's friends from work and I think it would be nice to go meet them. Of course, I'm a little nervous because we're the only ones with little kids, but they said it was OK for us to bring them. And tomorrow night is the one I still haven't decided on. The Stake is having special temple night for the sisters, and I haven't been to the temple for a long time. But, it's kind of a long trip. The temple isn't very far away, but we're meeting at the church, carpooling, and then having a special meeting before doing a session. I'd probably be gone about 5 or 6 hours. Little Dude should just go to sleep at some point during that time, but I've been worried about my milk supply and am not sure if I should skip a feeding like that or not. Sigh. And an old friend of mine who I've been wanting to get in touch with is doing a book signing tomorrow night, but I don't know if I want to go that either. We've been really busy for the last week and it might be nice to just stay home. Except that we don't have a couch yet, so sitting around the house isn't very comfortable. Sigh.

Comments

AmyJane said…
Doesn't it always go like that though--all the social things come up at once and usually when you don't feel like doing any of it? And then a few weeks later, it's a social wilderness and you have absolutely nothing to do. Totally happens to me too. Good luck deciding on everything!
Desmama said…
I agree with amyjane--it sounds like there is a plethora of fun things to do. I do agree with you on the Alice-in-Wonderland party thing. It kind of sounds . . . different to me, too. Temple trips are always hard when they're forever long. To me, a session is long enough without tacking on extra meetings (no offense, but some people forget what it's like to have a nursing baby at home, or even just younger kids). The signing sounds like it might be fun--that's really cool he is a friend of yours. I guess just maybe see how you feel "the day of" each event and sort of play it by ear. Good luck.
Jenny said…
Ditto to Amy and Des. Listening to the list of choices made me tired. It's always feast or famine for me, too.

I laughed when you said Alice and Wonderland creeped you out. My mom's stake is doing a thing before the broadcast and its the '5 little piggies' and it creeped me out.
Desmama said…
Huh. I wonder what's up with the fairy-tale/Mother Goose type parties with this meeting? Is there some Church-wide theme I didn't hear about?

Popular posts from this blog

The Truth Comes Out

Living with ideals